Pinterest

Monday, March 16, 2009

Comfort


It has been a while since I have had time to stamp.  We have had truck issues, which aren't worth talking about save to say they are finally over! Yay! 
Today's card is for the technique lover's challenge on splitcoast stampers, this is TLC212. Claire or waltzingmouse in Ireland generously shared her technique to create a beautiful knotted ribbon frame.  Here is her blog, check out her beautiful creations. 

Ever since I received this set, Clear Dollar Stamps Christian Sympathy, I've wanted to create a card using the saying about God's comfort within the Spellbinders bird die. When I went through a dark time in my life, many years ago, I clung to Psalm 57:1b, "In the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast." I usually like the NIV version of the bible, but for psalms and Isaiah and a few other books, I really like the King James version, it is beautifully poetic. So in this dark time I would picture myself as a little bird, hiding under God's wings, fully protected and comforted.  So this saying seemed so fitting for inside of the bird, tucked under God's wing. 

I used the SU Such a Tweet wheel on the brown cardstock with SU vanilla and then Irridescent Ice EP over it, so it shimmers nicely, you just cannot see it in this photo. I also sewed seed pearls on the ribbon knots and the ribbon was just a lucky find in the bottom of my sewing box. Thanks for looking. 
Stamps: SU Such a Tweet wheel, Clear Dollar Stamps Christian Sympathy
Ink: SU Pink Pirouette, vanilla craft, Stazon black
Paper: Basic Grey Sugared, Papertrey Ink brown, white, Blush and Spring Moss
Accessories: Spellbinders bird die, seed pearls, ribbon, Spellbinders petite scalloped circle, labels one, cuttlebug folder, black brad, Irridescent Ice EP, Cuttlebug vintage die

13 comments:

Grace said...

I absolutely love this card! I especially love it because of the bird and the sentiment inside the bird...and your explanation of how this verse makes you feel... I have often thanked God for that same thing... being sheltered under His wings. That was why I used the verse I used for Patter's "His Holy Name" challenge... for protector. I love knowing He is sheltering me under His wings. I feel so loved and protected there! I also love the card because of all the beautiful techniques you used... I love the cb texture on your circle and I love your ribbon technique. I must try that when I have time. I just got back from my LONG trip to help my DD move! I am overwhelmed with all I have to do to catch up... but I love what you did with this ribbon and love the pearls.... it's a beautiful card and full of special meaning! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Saved By Grace said...

I love this card, the knotted ribbon frame is just beautiful...the Bible verse is so heart warming....

Diane Noble said...

Oh, this is stunning. Love it, love it! What a beautiful ribbon treatment. Will you give us a tutorial on creating that????

I love that verse too, and you're right, it's so beautiful in that version. I love Psalm 91 too...same comforting thought about being sheltered under the Almighty. Isn't it wonderful to declare His praises through our craft?! Love the way you do it!

Michelle L. said...

PS, this is absolutely stunning! I love the ribbon and the little flourishes in the corners. Good to see you stamping again! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous! I love that ribbon frame! Beautiful colors as well. I need to check out Clear Dollar Stamps. I have been in need of sympathy cards a lot lately and their sentiments are so perfect.

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow. Your explaination of being under Gods wing is beautiful. Your card is stunning, wow, great job with the technique challenge.

Stephanie said...

Love the little birdie with the sentiment - how clever!!

Holly said...

Wow! This is really quite a work of art and labor of love. I can only imagine the time it took to put this together - but in the end, what a beautiful creation! I love the softness (is that a word?) of it and how that blends so well with the comforting arms of a loving Heavenly Father. Just amazing...

Kim said...

This is really gorgeous! I LOVE the ribbon frame. It really makes the card elegant.

Kay said...

I'm happy you had time to stamp again. Another stunning card and I love the ribbon frame. I will definately be trying this - goodness knows I have enough ribbon lying around.

laos348 said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I tried this technique and found I had some trouble with you. You make it look so beautiful - fabulous choice of ribbon - it made such a pretty frame.

kat9 said...

Great card. I love the color combination and the ribbon at first glace looks like icing on a cake.

Mary said...

The ribbon is such a nice touch - beautiful!