Pinterest

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Magnolia paper bag

There is a monthly challenge on a magnolia blog to create a sort of 3-D item. Last month it was a cute little post it note holder bag, this month it is a brown paper bag mini booklet or album. 
  
I like my magnolias, its like playing with paper dolls! This did take a while to put together though, each magnolia takes a bit to color and then to figure out a layout for each page. 

The first scene is the front of the booklet, the theme for the entire booklet is tea. Tilda is sitting on a tea cup (not sure if you can tell, but that's what it is). I found an image of a teacup I liked online, plain white, printed it out to use as a template, cut out a paper cup and then embossed and colored the rim and colored in shadows to hopefully give it some definition. 


On the inside front page and I used the Papertrey Ink teapot raining down some flowers with Tilda on the side. I have to thank Traci for a lovely RAK containing the flowers and the pink pearls. 

The third page, as you can see, I sewed in half, when you fold the brown paper bag that's the opening and by sewing it in half lengthwise I have two long pockets to insert tea bags as a little gift inside. 

Then the last page shows my newest Tilda, the one holding the bird cage against a backdrop of one of the pendant nestabilities. 

The set uses a packet of SU designer paper to help coordinate colors. Thanks for looking. 

You can find the other entries to this monthly challenge here

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love that heart layer on the cover of the booklet!!! What a fun challenge - reminds me a bit of one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over at SCS. So what time should I be over for tea? :)

B said...

What a lovely heart layer! :) So sweet!

Traci M said...

This is so lovely and feminine, Peggysue! When I saw this challenge it blew me away as I am not much of a scrapper, but you did a stupendous job on this, using lots of papers, dies, primas,pearls, punches...and Tildas, oh my!! I love what you did with all of this!

Emilia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
You have a very lovely blog!
I don't have a tutorial for my fridge magnets, but I might post a tutorial in the next weeks.

IamDerby said...

This is so cute! What a great use for a paperbag book! I am a sucker for tea.

Joanne (jojot) said...

you have been a busy girl.....wow.....so what time is tea time, gf????

Tasha said...

Oh wow what a fantastic card - i love the tea theme and the beautiful colouring of your images. Gorgeous colours. I hope you win.
Thank you for your lovely comment
love tasha xx

Bev said...

What a truly fabulous project! I love the idea of the tea too. Thanks so much for joining us in our monthly challenge. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Peggysue. My fav is the first one. And yes I love that DSP - I used it today in some cards I made as well. Great minds!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

oh my gosh your card is beautiful. So detailed and what beautiful colours. Love the idea of the tea as well..

Karen Lynn said...

Peggysue, you did a great job with the little girl who can't breathe! Cute cards.

Vikki Jo said...

OMG those are simply adorable!

thinker said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... guess what came in my mail today.... this amazing & awesome gift, complete with several tea bags.. coffee, move over 'cuz I'm making myself a cup of tea... I just have to decide which one of the several to try first LOL!!

Thanks SO much, my dear friend!!!