Pinterest

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer OSW challenge



This is the fifth week of the Cornish Heritage Farms' summer design challenge. This was a one sheet wonder. First of all, let me say it really was a stretch. This is the first time I've tried it and it was actually a lot of work, but I needed a lot of cards for various people and this was a great way to get that. 

It took me a while to make these because I wanted each card to have an individual look and each one is for a specific person with a specific need. It took me less time this way to make a group of cards then it does when I make one card at a time, because I'm so poky. :)

So at the top you have the group of seven cards that I made and then two individual shots for a bit of a closeup. I stamped the sunflower background in chocolate chip craft ink on a confetti white sheet four times to cover the entire sheet, covered with embossing powder and embossed. Then I sponged with Ranger distress inks in mustard seed, dried marigold, spiced marmalade and vintage photo in the centers. 

For the sentiments and images I used a variety of sets from all different companies. The color scheme all involved paper colors of Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze, Kiwi, Summer Sun and Pumpkin and confetti white. Thanks for looking. 

19 comments:

Chef Mama Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful. I feel like I am in a field of fresh sunflowers and could frolic through them! These make me smile.

Leah said...

Amazing job! The set came out beautifully:)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

They are beautiful!

Mara Campbell said...

GASP!!! These are amazingly beautiful! Such a great color combination and every one of them is so unique. Great job!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

hey there.....these are gorgeous...wowza....reminds me of the fields of sunflowers a local farm grows for the Make a Wish Foundation....how cool

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh...you made that background paper! It is stunning! Just gorgeous! And paired with the blue...I love it all!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is an amazing set - each one a treasure! You did a fabulous job with the OSW paper - gorgeous!

JazzyH said...

Great set and I love the paper.

B said...

What a stunning set of OSW cards!!!Loveall the layouts!

Diane Noble said...

These are stunning! WOW, that sunflower background you created for them is over-the-top wonderful!!! Love the warm tones with that splash of blue. Very, very striking...

Holly said...

Wowza!! These are simply amazing - and each so unique! I also love how you displayed them outside - really ties it together with the flowers on each of them.

Melissa said...

These are all so gorgeous! I can't believe the look you achieved on the background paper, and what a great color combo! Wonderful!

Stephanie said...

these are gorgeous!! love all the different looks :)

Grace said...

OMGoodness Peggy Sue!!!! I LOVE these!!! ALL of them!!! I love sunflowers and you have managed to make each so unique. Having done the one sheet wonders before I know what you mean!!! These are just fab!!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, all your cards are great, love them! I love how you got so many different looks.

Vikki Jo said...

Cool OSW I really like that! gonna share the recipe!?!? I am so happy we got to meet.

BethieJ said...

This set is STUNNING!! Great job!!

Traci M said...

I'm so glad I found these, what a happy patch of sunflowers, and your backdrop works great with these cards. I like the idea of OSW, and you made each one special and unique. Beautifully done, Peggysue!

IamDerby said...

oh WOW!!! beautiful!!