Pinterest

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Autumn pocket


Grace is now a design team member for Our Daily Bread Designs stamps. So well deserved! She issued a pocket card challenge and I haven't made a pocket card in such a long time. I've never made a criss cross pocket card so this was a good opportunity to try it out. I do not own any ODBD stamps so cannot enter their contest, but you should check out their web site to see the beautiful creations others have made!

My other friend, Kelly or schirmcat, issued her Word of the Week second challenge last Wednesday and it was the word 'impearl.' I don't know why it took me almost a week to make a card using pearls, but here it is! I painted twinkling H20s on the vellum leaves and I colored some white pearls with a copic marker to match my color theme because I needed them to be orange. The marker I used is actually apricot. The twinkling H20s don't really settle into or soak into the vellum, so they shimmer in spots, as though it rained the night before!

The stamp from Boho Backgrounds seemed to match the DP design pretty well. I stamped it in PTI Melon Berry, stamped it off first and then used it as a background for the sentiment, which is in PTI Avocado. The leaf swirl on the inside pocket insert is Inkadinkado in gold craft with gold EP. Thanks for looking.

18 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

if your mojo was gone.....I want you to know it is back on overtime on this elegant creation....wow...wow...wowza...this is so rich, classy and elegant....you almost made me want to go make one similar just for myself...even though I generally avoid any unusual shape/sized/type of card.....fab work, my dear

Leah said...

Wow! So beautiful! I love it so much, everything about it is just lovely.

Dana said...

This is so beautiful I don't even know what to say!

B said...

Oh so pretty and elegant!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness PeggySue! This is beyond gorgeous!!! I LOVE this pocket!!! Love the criss cross pocket and your decor is sooo pretty! Love the punched edges and the gold embossing... what a great card!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD!!!

Karen Lynn said...

Very elegant. You do not disappoint in your work!!

Melissa said...

This is so elegant! Great job!

Kelly S. said...

OH this is LOVELY! And orange Copic pearls, squee! That is such an exciting way to impearl a card! This card is pure fall elegance!

Lorelie Kim said...

WOWZA!! I love EVERYTHING about it!! So rich and elegant!! Thank you for playing along with us!

Saved By Grace said...

Great creation! Very interesting I'll have to give it a go.

IamDerby said...

absolutely beautiful! The colors are fabulous

BethH said...

This is just beautiful. I LOVE the colors! They are amazing together and such beauty with the lace and all the gold. Great work, my friend!

Dawn said...

oh my! what a gorgeous pocket card!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh this is just so elegant looking! Love the rich colors!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this is so rich and so beautiful!!! Thanks for playing in the pocket challenge!!! :)

Judy Rozema said...

So totally elegant!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Whether you used ODBD stamps or not, this is simply stunning!! I love the fall colors and the leaf flourish!! Very elegant and beautiful. Thanks for playing the ODBD challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - what a gorgeous and super elegant looking pocket card!!! Fab take on the challenge - Peggy!!!

So nice of you to play along with us!!! Hugs ~S~