Pinterest

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tent style Tildas


I went a bit nuts with the latest challenge on the Just Magnolia blog, I actually made three of these tent card Tildas, but the other I won't post until the recipient opens it up! This was such a neat format for Tilda, although the one problem I encountered was I had to use the largest size of nestability available to make the opening, otherwise you can't see Tilda's feet. :) And on that particular card I wanted it framed. You'll find directions to this challenge on the blog if you click on my link.

The first card is for Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday challenge as well as the Oh Alice! blog challenge to paint the roses red. Mothermark is asking us to send our tea party cards to a young woman in Colorado who not only is pregnant for the first time (major excitement!) but in her second trimester discovered she has Hodgkin's Lymphoma (not good!!). So this will go in the mail tomorrow and you can read about it on her blog post here if you would like to make and send a card too.

The colors I used fit a neat new challenge blog called Oh Alice! based on Alice in Wonderland. You really should check it out, the challenges are a lot of fun although this is the first chance I've had to play. This week is 'painting the roses red' and the color challenge involved purple blue and red (check, check and check.)

On the second card I used orange and blue for the latest Papertrey Peeps challenge. True, I didn't use any PTI stamps, but hey, I was on a roll with Tilda and couldn't stop.

All Tildas colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol, using a variety of paper and embellishments, blah, blah, blah. Thanks for looking! And many thanks to the friend I was talking to on the phone who reminded me how much easier it is to color in your images to match your paper choice, rather than coloring an image and rummaging through scraps to find an appropriate piece of DP which usually proves impossible! :) You know who you are!!

13 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! Your cards are adorable! and Tilda is hanging from the frame. Cute!

Stephanie said...

so cute! i think your friend gave you fabulous advice...I always choose my paper first - otherwise I'd never finish a card :)

Rhonda said...

These are wonderful!! Love the tent style.

Terri said...

Great job on both of them! I have never heard of tent cards before.I am going to have to give them a try now too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Chef Mama Lori said...

These little cuties look so sweet in the tents! But, Peggysue, when you hang clothes out to dry, you should take the kids out of them first. The Tildas probably don't mind (and they are way too cute to just share their clothes on a card), and we know they won't tell you what to do. I'm sure your card will brighten this young woman's day.

Tasha said...

Oh wow these are both fabulous! I love the designs and the colourwork is fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at Oh Alice!
love tasha xx

Maureen said...

Oh so cute! I LOVE the tie-dyed Tilda!!! Awesome!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

You did great on your Tilda tent cards! Very cute! Love them all.
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a cool style of card....and you sure like you are having fun with the images....too cute

Grace said...

Oh Peggysue these are all so cute!!! I love your Tilda cards!!! Love the dp on the first one!! Just perffect!!!!

Sammi said...

Wow! These cards are stunners!! What a great style!
thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice and helping us paint the roses red, blue and purple :D
Sammi
xxx

Lori said...

Oh I love these too!!
I forgot that you asked me when we could buy tickets for CHA, sorry!! I'm not sure yet, but will let you know!! Along with the discount code!

One Picky Family said...

I have one of these sitting on my mantel and I can't stop looking at it! I luv it and it makes me smile!!