Pinterest

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 50


Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ! This week's hostess is the devoted Rebekka, who selected this verse, from Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint."

Her challenge is to use an image of a bird or birds of any kind.

Our sponsor this week is the Digi Doodle shop and she had several bird images to choose from, if you look at the original post on Stampin' Sisters in Christ you can see the other lovely cards by our design team.

I chose this image from a new Northwoods stamp I bought while shopping with my friend Karen. The store had only the one stamp of this image and we both liked it and were politely trying not to buy it in case the other person wanted it. But she insisted I get it.

And I wanted to use this stamp to mention how friends can lift each other up. She surprised me that day with a gluten free cheesecake she made herself. That is the first bite of cheesecake I've had in ten years. It involved a lot of research on her part for the recipe, and purchasing special, expensive flour to make it. Her thoughtfulness and kindness buoyed me up for at least a week.

Two, this is the only stamping I fit in all week. I know everyone is super busy with summer activities, here is no exception. Although mine could be an all-season activity really, I have been painting trim because we are trying to spruce up the house. We have it for sale and are waiting for a buyer.

A house sale is such a tiny thing compared to what a lot of my friends are facing. Just this week we talked with relatives or friends who are facing cancer, death threats, a wayward child in a gang, long standing illness, job loss . . . I know you have a list like that at your house too. If not yourself, people you know. And you've experienced how the weight of these things can wear you down. There are days you might feel like you're carrying a fifty pound sack on your back, mentally.

The only refreshment, the only help we can find is in the Lord. Think about having those mental weights lifted off, about having the kind of strength that allows you to run and not be weary! Turn to the Lord and He can provide that rest, that peace, that strength for you regardless of what you're facing, to help you continue to carry on. And not just carry on trudging one step at a time, but running! Joyfully! Wishing you that joy, strength and peace this week.

Stamps: Northwoods, sentiment by PTI
Ink: black, kaleidacolor green set
Paper: aqua mist, new leaf, white
Other: a ton o' prismacolor penciles, gamsol, stickles, aqua mist ribbon, new leaf buttons, scoring tool

24 comments:

Becky said...

I am so glad you got that stamp because this card is beautiful. wonderful thoughts this morning and how blessed you are to have a wonderful friend to go through all that trouble to make you a cheese cake.:)
Have a blessed day.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - what a gorgeous image and a fabulous friend you have!! Love to hear of friendship that goes way beyond anything material! Your card is fabulous and your words are so encouraging and bring life! Thanks for taking the time to create and share - all the best with the house sale! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Oh this is so beautiful PS! I saw this stamp in my LCC and wanted it so much but refrained... now I'm trethinking! LOL! It's perfect and I love your thoughts this morning as well! I think today is a first for me in terms of few words (lol) but was just happy to get one made! I need some waiting time with the Lord this week to regather my strength! Thanks for sharing a peek into all you are going through too! Hugs and have a blessed week!

Miesje said...

That stamp is wonderful and sharing how you got it is so special! Friendship is a wonderful gift isn't it. Have a good week - try to get some relaxing in!

Susan Raihala said...

Yes, PeggySue, our hope, our strength, and our trust are in the Lord. Only He is big enough to take it all on, and His willingness to do so speaks volumes of love beyond our comprehension. I, too, have a list of friend and family cares, and remind myself daily that He is in charge and all will eventually be turned to His good.

Your card is lovely...and so is your friend who brought you the cheesecake!

Wendy M said...

Beautiful card - love the colours xx

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Peggysue, I feel like a toad for not getting back with you sooner. The next thing I knew, I was on the road to Chicago and to the consumer show rather than the vendor show. What a mistake I made! I'm sorry that I missed you. I loved your story of friendship and I hope to meet you soon. Beautiful card.

Traci M said...

It is those thoughtful acts of kindness that help us sojourn through what can be a weary time of it, I agree. Thank the Lord for good friends that see a need and relieve a burden!!
I think this is the prettiest tree with birds stamp I've seen, it is so realistic!!
Love what you did with it here, Peggysue, the coloring is sweet and the design is perfect for this stamp!!

Michelle L. said...

OH my gosh, PS, that card is gorgeous! I love how you colored the joy. Just lovely.

Aimes said...

Hey Peggysue! I love your tall card; it's such a nice change to see one here in blogland!
Sometimes it pays to take a step back and think about what others go through before we get wound up about our own hectic lives doesn't it?! Hoping your family/friends find the strength to get through these difficult times, I'm sure having a friend like yourself helps!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Karen Lynn said...

Well, isn't that somethin'? I feel so honored to have such a special mention here on your blog! You know that your friendship means everything to me and I tend to show those who I love that I love them by giving them gifts. It was honestly no trouble at all to make the cheesecake. I was quite happy to do it because I knew your would appreciate it. Besides, the look on your face meant everything to me. It was worth it just for that!
Love the card and can't wait to get some images!

Sharron said...

Beautiful card, Peggysue! That image is magnificent--love all the birds! I understand and appreciation your thoughts about friends. A dear friend just emailed me to thank me for a card I sent and tell me how much it helped her this past week due to the unexpected death of a lifelong friend and time at the hospital with her daughter who is having some scary symptoms. I had just sent it as a 'thinking of you' note and now am so glad it arrived at a perfect time. Whatever would we do without friends! Hugs and have a joyful week!

~~Deby said...

I love this card..I like everything about it, the coloring--the scoring the added touches...just perfect...great job...and sounds like you have a wonderful friend...truly a gift from God..
Deby

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card you have made. Love the idea of the birds 'lifting one up' so to speak and your reflection on that scripture.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautifully said, Peggysue. And your card is lovely! I can see why you wanted that image. Birds are one of my favorite things in this world... their song makes my heart sing! We need to remember and focus on the GOOD things, too!

And what a thoughtful friend to bake you that cheesecake! A blessing indeed!

Hugs,
Lisa

Terri said...

Great card! Love that stamp. How thoughtful of your friend to make you a gluten free cheesecake. Sounds yummy. Wish I lived closer would be happy to help you paint. Hope the house sells quickly.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Peggy!! I just love your green and the coloring. Your words are so encouraging too!

I am praying for you!! I hope all goes well with the house sale!
hugs,
Chris

@JoyceCasaldi said...

It is gorgeous! And I bet that cheese cake is amazing!

It seems the list here is ever growing. Sigh....

Rhonda said...

Beautiful card Peggysue! We are praying for a young man who was in a terrible car accident. We have much to be thankful for and are grateful for friends and family.

Nerina said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love that image with that sentiment - it just makes me feel more joyful! My thoughts, prayers and best wishes really go out to you as you go through this house sale. You have been working so hard for so long - which takes its toll (even though it may not be the *worst* thing we could go through.) {{HUGS}}!!

Dell said...

Beautiful card! I totally understand the lack of time. Seems like summer is slipping by us fast and so many things to get done before the year starts winding down. Hope your next week is good.

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous, beautifully done.

BethH said...

Very pretty card, Peggysue. Your coloring is always amazing...just lovely!!! Thanks for sharing and glad you got to stamp this little bit.

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!!!