Pinterest

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sympathy gladiolus


Yesterday I had a bright yellow and orange PTI gladiolus as a thank you card for a special blog hop, today I'm showing that same image used in a sympathy card. Yesterday I used copics for a really bright look, today I wanted soft tones so I shaded this in using my SU chalks.

I think if I did this type of layout next time I would straighten out the sentiment. It is lined up with the image, but then when I decided on the layout after stamping and coloring, I liked the gladiolus tipped to the side, but would have preferred a straight sentiment . . .I wasn't going to redo it after all the coloring though!

This is a large image so the card is longer than an A2 . . . anyone know where you get middle of the road envelopes? Shorter than business size, longer than A2.

Stickles in the center of the gladiolus, sentiment from Clear Dollar Stamps, border on the bottom PTI Botanicals. Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Aimes said...

Such a pretty card - it's amazing the difference in effect you get just from the colour of those flowers!
Love your layout too! Wish I could help you with the envies but I tend to make my own (or attempt to!) when I make a different sized card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo beautiful! Wow!

Traci M said...

To tip or not to tip...that is the question!! My tipping makes my neck hurt looking sideways...but I really like this layout, and it makes a soothing beauty of a sympathy card!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is really STUNNING!!!

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the softness of this one too.

Sharron said...

Love this soft pastel version of the glads--such a pretty card! I like the added layers under the main image--nice effect!

Nerina said...

I can't believe how different this image is, from the card you shared yesterday! I think this floral stamp was MADE for YOU! You really are doing the most exquisite things with it! This is so delicate and beautiful - perfect for the occasion!

Suzanne said...

HI Peggy Sue - I love this! I especially like the little details with the stamped border along the bottom and the black ribbon suits this super well!

Karen Lynn said...

Wow, PS, I loft the soft look of this. You did a great job putting it together.

Kimberly said...

This is stunning! I love the layering on this, it somehow adds just enough black. It's amazing that you can make two cards with the same image look so different when you've made them just a few days apart.

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?