Pinterest

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 74 . . . still waters


Happy Sunday stampers! Its time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ! This week's hostess is the lucky Lisa (she's going to CHA in California!) and she selected Psalm 23 for her inspiration. . . he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. And her challenge is to make a card or project that uses the colors blue (still waters) and green (green pastures). You can read her devotional on the main blog here as well as see the fabulous projects by the rest of the design team. I saw them in the gallery previous to posting and it is a soothing sensation to see them all in one place!

Our sponsor this week is Taylored Expressions. I had the good fortune to attend CHA Chicago last summer and got this stamp at the Taylored Expressions booth. Little did I know then just how well it would fit today's challenge but I believe God is in control of everything, even details as small as this one, buying a stamp months ago that would fit a challenge Lisa selected just week's ago, coinciding with the week that Taylored Expressions is our sponsor! That just makes me smile.

Psalm 23 is so comforting. I would urge you to take some time this week, find a quiet corner and read Psalm 23 and really let the words soak into your soul. There isn't anything I could say to add to the beauty of the words in that psalm.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day and hope you can play along with us this week!

Stamps: Taylored Expressions, MFP for sentiment
Paper: Bordering Blue, white, Cool Carribbean, random DP
Ink: black
Other: copic markers, nestabilities labels 14, SU punch, ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder

14 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Peggysue... you couldn't have gotten a more perfect image! Love your cute image from Taylored Expressions! I just loved these colors this week and had fun with them! Hope your week is wonderful!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Peggysue!! I just love that adorable image and the way you used our colors with that embossing folder. Too cute for words! Have a great rest of the weekend and week!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Becky said...

This is adorable Peggysue, love how you used the color's.
You have a wonderful week.
hugs :)

Traci M said...

It is always reassuring to see God in the "details" of life, I agree!!
Cute image and love all the blues and greens together, uplifting colors, Peggysue!

Miesje said...

This image and the card are so adorable! It really is so funny how you just happened to have that image from Taylored Expressions! To cute! Have a wonderful week!

Diane Jaquay said...

awww, this is super CUTE, and I love those colors together!

Sharron said...

What adorable images! And how wonderful that you had them available for such a fabulous blue and green card!

Terri said...

Super cute! Great colors too!

Dell said...

What an adorable card! I just love the embossing. It really makes the image pop out!!!

Diane Noble said...

Great take on the challenge. Very sweet card. I love Taylored Expressions too.

Wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. There's more explanation there, but I've decided to keep my blog going for the time being. God is reshaping a ton of things, and bringing other changes so I can focus on ministry, but I think I can also use the blog to bring God glory too. There will be other online things I'll give up...like the blogging groups, but I hope to stay connected to you here and through Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I loved doing the challenge and want to focus more on that type of thing. Anyway...just wanted to thank you and hope to see you around.

The Mama Monkey said...

oh my gosh, I love all the colors on this! So pretty!

BethH said...

This is adorable and I love how God orchestrated all the little details for this card and devotional!! Thanks for sharing! Cute, cute!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - this is such a cute image and so perfect for this weeks challenge! Always something gorgeous to see here - thank you Peggysue for being such a ablessing to us all! {{{hugs}}}

Kimberly said...

Oh, this matches the challenge so perfectly! You chose great colors and patterns.