Pinterest

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge 79 . . . flowers


Happy Sunday stampers! Its time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. This week's hostess is the talented Chris, who selected this verse from Isaiah 40:7, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand forever." For her challenge you must use a stamped flower on your card, DP and paper flowers don't count.

In case you haven't checked the main blog, we are welcoming three new design team members. Actually one is a returning founding member, Kristine, and we are so excited to have her back!!! And MariLynn will be joining us as well as Sabrina. You can find the news and see everyone's creations on the home page right here.

I look forward to reading Chris' thoughts on her chosen verse and what a treat to see the gallery blooming with flowers of all types! I am looking forward also to Spring, when it finally comes to our area of the country, and the flowers that will bloom. We are surrounded by a countryside filled with apple and cherry orchards and I hear the trees in late Spring are a spectacular sight. But as surely as we still are experiencing winter, season will follow upon season and after the blossoms fade, fruit appears and is harvested, we will plunge into winter again.

The word of the Lord however can always bloom in our hearts. This verse implies that all of life on this earth is temporary, but not God nor His word. Hoping you find time to bask in His word this week. Thanks for looking, please play along if you can. This week's sponsor is Clear Dollar Stamps and one randomly selected winner will receive a $15 gift card to use in their online store.

18 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card this morning. Love the shape.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous PeggySue! I just love the shape and the red white and blue. Beautifully colored image.

I always enjoy reading your insight on the verses each week, it gives much food for thought.

Have a blessed Sunday!
hugs,
Chris

Patti J said...

How much fun! Love your shaped card, it made me smile! The colors are so bright and uplifting, as are your inspirational words! Thanks for my early morning dose of happy! Have a great week!

Miesje said...

Love the card! It reminds of the name of your blog - roses by my window - looks like a window. It is a great insight into the reading too. Have a great week!

Grace said...

Hi Peggysue! I just love love love your card today! Love the scalloped circle shape and the adorable floral image. Love the bright happy colors and what a wonderful spring feel! I love reading your thoughts each week! Have a wonderful week my friend!
hugs,
Grace

Diane Jaquay said...

What a sweet card :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

PeggySue, thank you for the warm welcome! I absolutely love your card, from the shape to the embellishments chosen and this wonderfully colored image....fabulous!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kristine said...

That's beautiful Peggysue! =) Love the round shape of your card and the flowers and gingham... CUTE!! I'm so ready for SPring minus the allergies! I just wish I had fruit trees in my yard. =) Have a wonderful week!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Pretty card Peggysuez! (When I see that name I want to say "peggy su-ez" like the canal. LOL) Is that a Lockhart image?

You have to take and post some pix when the trees are in bloom. I have a special affinity for trees, especially the blooming type. What a sight they must be! And fresh apples and cherries. Heaven!

Hugs,
Lisa

The Mama Monkey said...

What a neat card! I love the shape and the colors you chose!

MariLynn said...

What a beautiful card. I love the circle shape. The red gingham paper made me think of a table cloth that your boquet of flowers was sitting on. A country kitchen feeling. I'm so looking forward to Spring. This morning I saw glimpses of green where my tulips and daffodils will hopefully be in a few weeks. I hope you have a wonderful blessed day, and I'll check back later with the blog hop this week.

Terri said...

I love circle cards. You did a great job on this one. Love all the different elements and the colors too.

Mad for Paper said...

This is just lovely. I love this set, might have to drag it out again.
TFS
Ang

Nerina said...

I love the shape of this card too - and the colours you've chosen with the gingham paper - just scream summer to me! Blessings to you!!

Diane Noble said...

So very pretty! And loved the cards in the newer post too using the Just Dandy set. You are so talented. Busy week this week, but hope to join in on SSIC challenge next time.

Stephanie said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colors and your coloring is beautiful!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - this is adorable! I love the gingham DP with the image - a lovely touch! The scalloped circle card is wonderful - you always amaze me! Thanks for sharing my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Traci M said...

This is so sweet, reminds me of a picnic on a perfect spring day, Peggysue!! Don't know how you do all this with your schedule...you make it look easy!! Hugs, friend!