Pinterest

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Divas by Design challenge 12 . . . a sketch!

Hello, hello! It is time for another challenge from Divas by Design. The challenges run for two weeks, so plenty of time to ink up your stamps and enter right here. That's also where you'll see the amazing creations by the rest of the design team.

This fortnight's challenge is a sketch! I love sketches, they help get my brain in gear which functions in a very literal, very logical manner. Our sponsor this go-around is Stitchy Bear stamps which has some very cute digitals that one random winner will receive as a prize.

I was sorry to miss the last Divas challenge, I was on an epic journey of over 5,000 miles round trip to take my son to his college out west.

I hadn't used blue much lately so was drawn to some softer blue tones to make a get well card for a dear lady at our church who just had a heart attack. Please note in the sketch, it calls for the sentiment in the lower right hand corner, I had mine enclosed by the image so I did put a flower on that side but moved it up a bit, looked lonely sitting in the corner by itself. (bad flower!) Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Hearts, Hearts, Hearts, Layers of Color (sentiment)
CS: white, soft stone, bashful blue, pear pizzazz, Melissa Frances DP
Ink: white craft and black
Other: twinkling H20s, ribbon, prima flowers, fiskars edge punch, embossing powder, pearls

13 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just gorgeous hun, love the colour combo!
Hugs Shell xx

Berry said...

This is so stunning Peggy Sue I just adore the soft pastel colours and the beautiful elements to this hugs Rebekah xx

Vicky said...

This is one beautiful card PeggySue...

big hugs Vicky xx

Brenda Brown said...

So cool. Love it.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Christina said...

Just wanted to say hi. I hopped over from our SCS thread. Beautiful card and colors!

Sharron said...

What a lovely card! The wreath of flowers looks fabulous with all those soft blues--very pretty!

Grace Baxter said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love the colour combination.

Becky said...

This is stunning Peggysue.. Love how you cut out that flower wreath. The colors are beautiful together.

Linda said...

I love how you cut out part of the stamped image on this beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Really love this one hon, love the softness, simply gorgeous

Unknown said...

Hi Peggysuez - so sorry to be leaving this comment so long after the challenge started. I am really behind with my commenting, it's a gorgeous card - simply beautiful. Sarah

Anita said...

This card is so gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the heart frame around the sentiment is so pretty.

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Peggy,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com