Pinterest

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Make it Monday . . . backgrounds

Hi peeps! First day of school today for my daughter and I found some time to stamp. This card uses the technique from the Make it Monday challenge on the PTI blog, to use ordinary stamps from a set as a background stamp.

I chose the acorns and oak leaves from the Autumn Blessings set and worked my way up from the bottom of the insert piece starting with dark chocolate, pomegranate, really rust, pumpkin and then mustard. The vase of mums works the colors back down the other way, from purple to yellow.

The glitter stripes I worked in because I was in the mood for glitter and they are supposed to mimic the stripe in the vase. This also means I actually made a Papertrey Peeps challenge card (don't faint) for Carol's challenge for September to do an autumn inspired card. We had frost last night, I'm surely feeling inspired by cooler weather!

CASEd a layout that Nerina used a little while back, thanks for the inspiration ! And that's it! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful..wonderful embossing.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Great job with the challenge!

Vicky said...

So beautiful hun...

hugs Vicky xx

Jill Norwood said...

This is so pretty! Love the way you varied the ink colors. I am going to try that next I think. Thanks for looking at my card too! :)

Ursula Schneider said...

Hi Peggy. I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for letting me know that you did and that you understand. We're at 8 and a half years now, and yes, I count because as bad as it sounds, I look forward to the day they are 18. I'm in a very bad place right now. I feel like I've been pushed to the limit because of recent events and I'm just soooo angry and exhausted. I do need prayer, as much as I can get. But I am sooo thankful that God sent you along to share with me. How cool that we are both paper artists. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just love your card! Beautiful texture and background and very much a fall type card. AND you had frost?!!
YIKES! It's raining here and it fell as snow up around Steamboat and Winter Park. I'm going to miss summer! Thanks for joining in on the challenge.

Traci M said...

I see from the above post it just snowed after we left Steamboat...that seems so early!! I love your card...that embossing folder is one I've admired for awhile and this is a beauty with so many fun design elements! Ready for fall here, too!

Sharron said...

Really gorgeous! I love this stamp set (so perfect for fall) and you did a marvelous job of coloring the mums. I so hope we have a nice fall this year. Thankfully we did have a cold front come through over the weekend. It's such a blessing to go outside without the 100+ degree furnace!

Suzanne Russell said...

What a beautiful little vignette! I may be even more impressed with your fussy cutting than your clever background idea! The whole card works so well. Great job.

Terri said...

Nice job! Love the embossed background. It was really cold here yesterday too. I had to sleep in my winter PJ's last night. No frost though.

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is just lovely...perfect for the changing season.

Ann said...

Lovely - something about this card just reminds me of a sunny living room in an old fashioned country cottage. And love how you've coloured that vase of mums.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is stunning, PS! I would have never thought to use patterned paper for the 2nd layer! I love it!