Speedy the Cat at Mark's Finest Papers likes to get a head start on special Christmas gifts and memories for friends and family. He gathered the design team at Mark's Finest Papers to bring you 12 days of exciting paper crafting gift ideas to get that holiday mojo flowing. The hop runs for 12 consecutive days, starting October 17th! Begin your holiday hop at Speedy's home base, the Mark's Finest Papers blog and relax with a cup of eggnog (or sprig of catnip, your choice) as Speedy leads you though a short, daily hop. You'll find your holiday paper crafting ideas and supplies at Mark's Finest Papers.
Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! We have four samples each day for our hop! Please visit each of the following blogs for holiday inspiration! Start off tomorrow on the MFP Blog for more inspiration!
Quick instructions, sorry I didn't post them earlier, its funny, when you own a blog, you know what you've posted before and don't always remember that the people reading your posts don't live inside your head~anyway! I used etching cream. There is a great tutorial on SCS here, or the basic instructions would be:
1. Clean your glass object and clean it again! MAke sure there aren't any fingerprints or smudges.
2. Use contact paper to cut a mask for your project. Any area INSIDE the mask will be etched, so for a plate for example, you might cut out a round mask, for the votive my mask was square, or just about.
3. Stamp your image CAREFULLY in versamark. You might have to try it a few times. It is very hard to see the versamark on clear glass. If you restamp, use glass cleaner to carefully wipe your glass clean before stamping again.
4. Emboss with clear EP. (and remember, glass transmits heat very efficiently, don't burn your fingers)
5. Spread Armor etching cream thickly over glass inside the mask (caustic substance, you might want to wear gloves)
6. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes, I did mine for a half hour just to be sure.
7. Rinse off etching cream (or you can try to scoop it back into the bottle to reuse in the future)
8. Remove contact paper mask.
Day 4 Glass Votive Holders Oct 20