Pinterest

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge 113 . . .Fall colors



Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. This week's hostess is the talented and busy! Lisa, who selected this verse from Isaiah 1:18, "Come let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Our sponsor this week is Lilly of the Valley with a ten pound gift certificate for one randomly selected participant in this week's challenge, which is to use Fall colors in your creation, crimson, gold, orange, or others.

You'll find the other creations by the design team and Lisa's thoughts on this verse on the home page here.

This verse is precious to me. This past week was full of missteps on my part. I'm really glad to close the page on last week and start a new one, fresh. I have taken my faults to the Lord and to those people involved in my missteps, when I could. My background growing up makes me want to continue to beat myself over the head with those faults. Especially since in my family of origin I was, and am, surrounded by people who don't seem to forgive.

But God always does forgive when we come to him in repentance. For me, personally, that is huge and at the same time, hard to grasp. When your life is filled with human examples of unforgiveness and fault-finding, it is easy to picture God with arms folded, frowning down at me or shaking His head in disappointment. He doesn't do that. Reminding myself of that and reminding myself of my identity in Christ is my daily struggle. Whatever your struggle is, take it to the Lord. God isn't like any parent, any person you know here on earth, He is perfect and as it says in Isaiah, when we repent of any wrongdoing, He is quick to forgive. I'm going to carry that verse with me this week and I'm so glad Lisa chose it.

Stamps: Layers of Color
Paper: Basic Grey Indian summer, chocolate, pumpkin, apricot, cream
Ink: brown stazon
Other: pearls, copics, ribbon, nestabilities

12 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning my sister..
What a beautiful card, loving that ribbon.
So true about God always forgiving when we repent.

Gina Lindsay said...

Your card is gorgeous, love those warm colors. I enjoyed reading your comments about forgiving yourself too. I struggle with that in my own life. Sorry you had a rough week..here's to new weeks ahead!

Miesje said...

Forgiveness is a tough one for a lot of people. Forgiveness of self is also a huge obstacle for many. Great card - love the ribbon! Have a great "new" week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

It is hard to imagine that God would forgive us unconditionally no matter what our sins. What a blessing that he does.

Beautiful fall card. I love the colors and that ribbon. Have a great week!
hugs,
Chris

Traci M said...

I am trying to think of something creative to say, but am a little tired today! Just know that when you set to make a mistake right, your heart is in the right place!
Your card is fall in all its perfect gloriousness!!

babar said...

You know really well how to utilize color in different designs.
plastic card ideas
hotel key card

Sharron said...

Gorgeous fall card! I love the sentiment! Such wonderful colors and your choice of die cuts with the layering looks fantastic.

Rebekah said...

Peggysue, I just hopped on your blog from the SCS Flybaby group, glad to see you post today. Miss you. Enjoy the new week.

Grace said...

Beautiful card Peggysue and I so understand where you are coming from in your post as well... but how precious the promise we have that He HAS forgiven us and His forgiveness is unconditional! Praying this week is much better! We were on the same wavelength I think.... said differently but coming from a heart that struggles with forgiveness of ourselves! Sending big hugs from one forgiven one to another!!!
Grace

Denise Pustelniak said...

You captured Fall colors perfectly in your beautiful card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - a late visit from me due to computer issues, but I am glad to be here! I love this card - the LOC sentment is perfect, along with your ribbon and ricrac - so pretty! Thank you for sharing from the heart this week - it is such a truth and brings life to us! {{{hugs}}}

Wendy M said...

Gorgeous autumnal feel to this card... autumn is one of my favourite times of the year... I just love the rustic colours.