Pinterest

Monday, May 28, 2012

Paper Cupcakes May 28th criss cross challenge!

Back again for the second challenge from Paper Cupcakes for the month of May. I am enjoying my time as a guest designer for the month and one of the images I selected is this beautiful flower called 'simple pleasures' which you can find right here.

You can find the Magical Monday challenge on the blog There's Magic in the Air, and play along, a very clever challenge really and one of my favorite types.  Read across the grid horizontally or vertically and choose three things you are going to incorporate into your card. I chose the challenge line that required you to use two or more types of patterned paper, punches and ribbon.

I colored in the images with prismacolor pencils and sponged in a little color around the edges of the spellbinders die. The punch I used is a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and I adhered two of them to the flower using glue dots.

You'll find many more cute images at the Paper Cupcakes web store and site, or you can win by playing along in this challenge. You have two weeks! Enjoy crafting some time week and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

*gasp* oh my goodness Ps, this is so beautiful ~ I just love those colors together!! I think my favorite flower has recently change to a poppy because I just love that rich orange color. So pretty!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Very,very pretty and elegant card! Your image is colored wonderfully!

wannabcre8tive said...

Bingo, I hear Peggy Sue yelling bingo. ~grin~ I love your fabulous card. Your color combo is one of my very favorites and I wouldn't be a friend of the "Muddermark" if I didn't like black and white dots. She and I have that in common. The little dotted butterfly is just perfect to finish up your card with.
Your coloring of the flower is just perfect.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

This card is so lovely..gorgeous..I'm telling you..gorgeous

Michelle said...

This is a great card! I never think to ink my die cut inside the die. I'm going to have to try it. Yours looks beautiful!
Blessings,
Michelle

Sonia said...

Hi Peggy
You did absolutely beautiful creation! GREAT JOB!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I like the little polka dotted butterfly!! The poppies look amazing!!

Joan B said...

gorgeous. that flower is just stunning and I love this color combo.

Nina said...

Peggy, thank you so much for sharing your time and talents with Paper Cupcake Stamps! Your work is just beautiful and you have showcased the images so wonderfully with your talents for card making. Thanks again for being our Wonderful June Guest Designer!! (hugs) Nina