Pinterest

Saturday, September 22, 2012

VSN Goes Back to School

I didn't realize it was VSN weekend. I never do have enough time to participate in too many challenges, but last night I got to the first one. You had to use notebook paper or a notebook paper image in your card so I used this notebook stamp from Papertrey Ink on vintage cream paper stamped in Ranger Distress inks vintage photo, for the look of an old library card.

I used some retired Stampin' Up designer paper. I always love that paper, it coordinates so nicely and it is such a great weight. Because I paper pieced my image I had to rush the layout so I kept that very simple. I have found it is super easy to paper piece digitals. I just size the image on a word document, copy the image and have four or six up on a page. Print it out once on standard computer paper, then tape your designer paper over the various images and run it through the printer again, then cut out your pieces.

This is a Friday Freebie from Digi Garden, every Friday on facebook they post another adorable image that you can snag for free; I'm starting to build a little library of images. When I saw the VSN challenge I thought of this little image right away, she looks like she is bringing a flower in for her teacher.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

Stamps: The Digi Garden, Papertrey Ink (notecard and sentiment)
Paper: Stampin' Up DSP, kraft, vintage cream
Ink: Ranger distress ink vintage photo, black
Other: large scallop die, heart border die, PTI buttons, copics

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Super cute, Peggysue! I also loved your creation for the SSIC challenge this week posted there. Both cards are so sweet and beautifully colored. Love your paper piecing too. You are so good at that.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Peggysue - This is so cute! Oh my goodness! What a great job you did putting it all together! LOVE IT!
Blessings,
Michelle

Marlou McAlees said...

adorable!! :)