Pinterest

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge 163 . . . time

Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ, where all of our challenges are based on scripture! This week's hostess is the lovely Sandie, who has selected this verse from Ecclesiastes 3: parts of 1-8. Her challenge is to focus on time; use clocks, watches, calendars, sundials, OR black and white only to represent night and day. Our sponsor this week is Inspired Stamps and you can find the rest of the creations by the design team and more information about our sponsor on our home page right here!  I know I am eager to read Sandie's thoughts on her chosen verse, we get to see the devotionals at the same time as everyone else and it is fabulous to read how the Holy Spirit works through the different ladies on the team.

I searched and searched and don't own a single image that shows a time piece of any kind. I sure was glad Sandie included the bit about using black and white on a card instead. I have had this image from Northwoods Rubber stamps for a while, I love loons and they favor northern lakes. They are gorgeous black and white birds and seemed a great fit for a black and white card. I was strongly tempted to add a sentiment but I didn't have any small ones that mentioned time either, so I will leave this as a blank, all-occasion type of card.

The filigree stamp on the side is from a retired set by Our Daily Bread Designs. I used a linen impression plate from Papertrey Ink to lend texture to the white cardstock, a bit of black and white gingham ribbon and a white button so the card wouldn't look quite so formal. I think gingham looks friendly. I added white dots around the black layer behind the image to mimic the white dots on the loons' feather pattern and my card was done.

I like the book of Ecclesiastes, it is a book that really causes me to pause and think. Solomon writes about conditions common to any person in any culture anywhere in the world. Our own family has experienced quite its share of 'time periods' this year, and while we all most anticipate and treasure the joyful times, they are that much more precious because of the times that are not so joyful.

I know the time I am looking forward to the most is the day I go to meet Jesus and time will stretch into eternity; an eternity in heaven. But it is not my time for that yet, and I need to make the most of the time I've been given on this earth. We hope you find the time to reflect on this passage and enter our challenge for this week. Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Beautiful, peggysue. The instant I saw your card, I thought, "How clever to use a mother on a nest to symbolize the passing of time!" See...you did the time thing! But the black and white is striking too...love your style. Just the right elements.

Vicki said...

I love the black and white of this card. I should try more of them myself. Really pretty, Peggysue.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Peggysue - This is such a striking card! It is GORGEOUS! You did a great job! I love this!
Blessings,
Michelle

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! It does not need a sentiment!!

Traci M said...

Just beautiful...I love this image and loons are one of my favorites too. I have actually spotted one at the lake in Steamboat and was quite surprised!
I enjoy reading your thoughts and hope time stands still for you or progresses in a bit more subdued fashion to give you a respite before it is time for the next chapter.
And now it is time to say goodnight, friend!

Dell said...

Awesome card! It is simply elegant.

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful card :) xx

ScrappySandie said...

Hi PeggySue! Such an ellegant card! Love the variety of patterns and textures AND the loon family! VERY nicely done! And thanks for your sweet comments...I think it would be great to meet in person!
Blessings to you, my friend!
Sandie

Vikki Jo said...

Oh Peggy Sue what a gorgeous card!
Wanna let you know that I am giving you the Liebster Blog Award