Pinterest

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Birds in Bloom

Hello! I am slowly working my way (very slowly) through the anniversary challenges at Papertrey Ink. In 2008, they introduced a set called Out on a Limb, which I don't own, but I do have an anniversary set from a later year, Birds & Blooms, which has a limb with foliage. Not as interactive for the limb as the 2008 set, but I made it work. I had an unused watercolor square that I made with Ranger distress inks. I used Ranger distress markers to ink up the stamp since the leaves are attached to the branch. More than a few of the projects use ribbon and I found a scrap of aqua colored velvet ribbon that finished off the card at the top. I mounted the card on rustic cream cardstock to symbolize the nest the bird is resting in (is she resting if she's standing on her feet? probably not).
Thanks for looking.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Birds & Blooms, Walk by Faith; Ink: Ranger distress inks and black; Paper: PTI and scraps, watercolor; Dies: Tag Sale: Quilted,  Basic Bookmark 2 (PTI); sequins, ribbon

No comments: