Pinterest

Saturday, February 25, 2017

February PTI blog hop

Good morning! Thank you for stopping by. My, the time goes by quickly! Already time for another monthly Papertrey Ink customer blog hop. I always enjoy the blog hop challenge posted by Papertrey Ink and had fun with this month's cards. I did find the inspiration photo a true challenge. I generally find myself using white or cream as a base and ignoring my colors, so it stretched my creativity, but once I got started I had more and more ideas pop up. Only had time to make two; we had to go out of town.
Here is the inspiration photo:

Here is the first card I made. I was keyed into the pink jewelry boxes that made a curve alongside the photo, the bling, the rich purple tones in some of the fruit and the embossing. So I chose the feather to represent the curve of the pink boxes, some sequins to represent the bling and used gold embossing to highlight the feather and emphasize the sentiment. The purple or mulberry tones in the photo were difficult to duplicate but I found a sheet of glittery paper at Michael's that looks like a lot closer match in real life than it does in the photo below. I really like how the sentiment from the Praise set matches the feather.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Feathered Finery, Walk by Faith. Ink: Raspberry Fizz, black and gold. Paper: Smoky Shadow, another gray, PTI patterned paper in...Blueberry maybe? purple and smoky shadow patterned paper. Other: gold emobssing powder, ricrac ribbon, sequins. 

For my second card I tried to introduce some of the other colors in the photo, the yellow and red tones inside the cut fig, for example. There is that curious shade of yellow on the plate too, which has green tones, and the fancy filigreed embossed image at the top. So for this card I used Ranger distress inks to make a watercolor background that peeps through the die cut image of the flowers. I embossed the side to represent the filigree at the top of the photo, stamped the sentiment in gold and my bling is pink (the sequins) to represent the jewelry boxes. The plate is represented by the bird in chartreuse, perched atop one of the flower's leaves. Thanks for looking and happy hopping.


Papertrey Ink stamp set Walk by Faith, Memory Box dies, embossing folder, gold embossing powder, pink sequins

10 comments:

Diana K said...

Very pretty, Peggysue. I especially like that stunning second card.

Traci M said...

Both of these are very artistic and creative...I love the scripture in the first with that beautiful feather and pretty papers!! Wonderful job!

Betty Wright said...

Both are fantastic! Love the effect of the second one!

Skrater said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Wonderful cards PeggySue. Beautiful take on the photo.

Natasha said...

Pretty cards! I really like the gold dots on the feather on the first card!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that gorgeous feather, Peggysue! It's just beautiful against the grey background. Your die cut flower is amazing with the different colors underneath. So soothing and serene, yet the gold sentiment really pops, too!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards! I love the way the colors pop on the second card!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Beautiful cards, love the design and layers in the first one!