Pinterest

Saturday, February 18, 2017

FMS275 and 2010

Good morning! I had fun coloring as this stamp set just lends itself to bold colors! I have realized that I'm a marker junkie with no talent. I see others color fabulous images with their markers and for me its generally a fail. Let's see, I've purchased copics, spectrum and distress markers...and I go back to my pencils. Its a sign...I need more pencils. Anyway, after I finished putting this card together I noticed there is a double impression up by one of the leaves, but I'm going to go ahead and send it anyway to its recipient. I've learned I'm more of a perfectionist about my work as the creator than the people who receive the finished objects. Do you find that's true of your work? Are you more critical than outsiders? Anyway, this fits the sketch for Freshly Made Sketches 275 and I'm submitting it for the 2010 PTI anniversary. I don't own the five sets they're featuring, but I think you could substitute Beautiful Blooms II if you had it, to recreate this card. Thanks for looking. Time for a walk now, the weather is absolutely gorgeous!  (Also, I have to admit, I had to stamp the flower's center twice to get a color combination that satisfied me...I initially tried to make the spots darker and it looked like the flower had a chocolate chip cookie for its center...not the look I wanted!)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Doodlie Do, Paper: Kraft, blue scrap and PTI patterned paper, also Doodle Design Kraft in color paper (love that paper pad!) velvet ribbon, Ranger distress ink, my trusty prismacolor pencils and MFT rectangle Stax die. 

1 comment:

Kim S said...

I love pencils too - particularly with the rich colors you can get on kraft paper!! Such a cheerful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.