Pinterest

Saturday, March 25, 2017

PTI March blog hop

Good morning! Time for the blog hop at Papertrey Ink, where customers are invited to create projects using PTI products, usually based on an inspiration photo. This time one of the photos looked like this


and I took my inspiration from the colors and from the floral images. I didn't stamp a group of flowers, but a single flower. I really liked how the inspiration photo used gray for the leaves in its design, so I made gray leaves, first time ever I believe.

If you notice, this card has no sentiment and when I look at it I see it as sort of 3/4 finished. I had to go out of town and had a million and one things I had to get finished before I traveled and of course this card was the millionth and one, final thing on the list. I was literally fussing with it before leaving for the airport and it just didn't get quite finished. But I like playing along, so I tossed it in my bag to take a photo of it on the road. Actually I was dreaming by some miracle I would find a craft store and buy a sticker or die or something to finish it off...but that didn't happen. So here is my take on the inspiration photo, or the beginning of where my thoughts were going. Thanks for looking and Happy hopping!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink Anniversary set Pretty Peonies; Ink: Ranger Distress inks to watercolor flower and background, Versamark; Paper: watercolor, Neenah solar white, PTI Hawaiian Shores; Other: PTI button, white embossing powder, sequins. 

6 comments:

Martha said...

Peggysue, your card is simply lovely. Love how the pretty flower pops against that striking blue background.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply gorgeous....that flower is so beautiful!

Marybeth said...

I love your watercolor background and sweet cluster ! Gorgeous card! Hope you have a great weekend !

Kathy Mc said...

Who needs a sentiment on this beauty, Peggysue? You can always add one later specific to your need. Happy travels!

norine said...

Beautiful card, love the soft watercoloring and the colors you used!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!