Pinterest

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink April blog hop 2017

Good evening! I had so much fun making these cards! Don't you just love stamping? I was smiling the whole time I was working on these.

In my last post I used the whale from Just Keep Swimming and I tell you, he's a lot of fun to use to create a scene! I used Gathered Garden because some of the stamps in the set reminded me of kelp and seaweed. I also decided to resurrect an older stamping tool, the eyelet, to symbolize the bubbles that might rise to the surface if the whale were down there and following the color scheme of the challenge photo.  I can tell you that if you lose one portion of the eyelet setting tool set and try to improvise, you might bang your finger with a hammer. Just sayin'....

For my second card I completely CASEd Kay Miller's idea with the Gathered Garden set layout, although I used the colors from the challenge photo. Makes a great one-layer card!

I have one other idea, but strangely the family wants dinner so I have to go cook now!

Thanks for looking and happy hopping!



Stamps: Papertrey Ink Gathered Garden, Keep Swimming; Paper: PTI white, buttercup, berry sorbet, sweet blush, soft stone and blueberry patterned papers; Ink: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest; Other: eyelets, white embossing powder, Irridescent Ice embossing powder
Papertrey Ink stamps set Gathered Garden; Paper: PTI white; Inks: PTI black, fine linen, Lovely Lady, Smokey Shadow, Buttercup, Orange Zest



23 comments:

Sadie said...

Both are very nice cards. I really like how you masked the bottom of all the floral border. Nice job!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both are so unique and fun. Great job on the challenge

Rosemary said...

the first card is just way too fun and the second one is case perfection!!! both are fabulous takes on the inspiration photo!!

lainey said...

How clever to use the pattern paper on your whale and the eyelets for bubbles! Super cute!

Julia Aston said...

Love the whale in your first card and the eyelet bubbles! so clever! Great design on your second card masking the bottom so only half of the stampings show - great inspiration from the photo!

Unknown said...

FAB cards! Love your paper pieced whale and your beautiful flower garden! All perfect colors!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What fabulous cards, love the whale and gorgeous CAS floral!

The blog header looks fabulous, did you do that yourself?

Gina said...

The first card - oh my! So creative and fun for the hop. The eyelet bubbles are a perfect touch. The 2nd card - I really like that masked line. I've always loved that look on cards. Great takes on the inspiration!!

Traci M said...

Hi friend! No, i didn't play along but I'm happy to see your adorable cards! Really creative use of the stamps, just too fun!!

Kathryn A said...

Love both cards! I just received Gathered Garden so am happy for the inspiration you've given me!

paperkicks said...

Peggy Sue! Both cards are delightful, and I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite! You incorporated all of the colors in a natural free-flowing way...absolutely superb!

Leigh Penner said...

I love both of these, but your first one is especially eye-catching and wonderful!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful cards, LOVE the aper pieced whale~how clever!

Kathy Mc said...

Peggy Sue, aren't you just the clever one? Your first card is so cute with the patterned paper whale, bubbles and all. And, that second one is just beautiful...can't go wrong CASEing Kay!

Imke said...

Great Cards but i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your first Card- stunning !!! Great take with the Inspiration Colors.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful cards! Love the pretty stamped florals! Great take on the challenge!

Cindy H. said...

Peggysue, I love both of your gorgeous and creative cards! So sad that I can't pin them.

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for your comment...I see a pin button in the top lefthand corner of the photos for the cards. If I click on it, it asks me which board I'd like to pin the photo to...so I apologize if you don't see it. Maybe it shows up on some browsers and not others?

Greta said...

Wowzer! The first card is so creative & adorable & I'm in love with the second one which I now need to case!

Joyce said...

Love both of your fab cards.

Teddra said...

Love the under the sea card!

Cindy H. said...

Peggysue, thanks for your reply, but there's no Pin in the top corner. I am able to pin from other's sites by clicking on the red P that appear in the top left corner. I'll look for for your cards on the Pinterest site. They're both so wonderful :)

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful cards!!! I'm especially loving the whale!