Pinterest

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Whale Watching

I love color palettes and color challenges, yet I often don't know what to do with the colors unless someone organizes my brain for me with a sketch challenge. So this combines a color and a sketch challenge, to keep my muddled brain organized! Isn't the paint in the color challenge pretty? I'd love to be able to paint!

I wanted to use this whale stamp set because I think the whale is so cute and I had a scrap from a watercolor experiment that fit the stamp perfectly. Then I wondered, how to create a good undersea background? I had another scrap of teal paper and I wondered what it would look like using a broad brush and the bleach technique. I haven't tried bleaching in years. It almost achieves what I had in my thoughts, the swirls and eddies of undersea currents!

I think I will send this to my daughter in California in memory of the whale watching trip we took. We did see four whales in a pod, quite exciting! Thanks for looking and have a great day!

I want to thank the hard-working gals at Paper Playful for listing daily challenges, so nice to have them all in one spot!

Challenges: Freshly Made Sketches 284
                    The House that Stamps Built Repeat Impressions Inspiration Palette Challenge - A1917RR


Stamps: Papertrey Ink Keep Swimming, What the Doodle: Waves Mini; Ink: black, PTI Enchanted Evening, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, variety of blues/purples, white; Paper PTI kraft, teal, patterned paper, scrap of blue, vintage cream; Other: stickles glitter glue, Ranger distress markers; Technique -- bleaching

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love that background you've created! Looks just like water! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow your sea background is gorgeous! Wonderful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Cheri said...

What a great card to remember a whale watching trip with your daughter...this is adorable. She will love it. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at The House That Stamps Built.

Patti J said...

What a great take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Donna said...

What a beautiful card, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built. Donna DT

Heather said...

Very cool! That whale is super cute and he looks fabulous on that patterned paper. And I think your bleached background turned out fabulous! It definitely brings to mind currents and waves. Great job. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.