Pinterest

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Mustard Seed Faith Challenge #7... Chesed Love

Good morning!

It is time already for another challenge at Mustard Seed Faith! We have a new devotional posted about Chesed love, or the faithful, steadfast love of God as demonstrated in the book of Hosea. This will be my last devotional for a little while, some of the other design team members are going to step in as hostess and we even have a guest planned for September!

Our challenge this time is to create a card celebrating relationships, so friendship, anniversary or wedding, all will do. We have a great lineup of cards from the design team which you can find here.

I had so much fun watercoloring that I decided to do a little more with the Gathered Garden set from Papertrey Ink. I am a marker junkie but the first set of markers that really has clicked with me is my set of Ranger distress markers. It is different for everyone, I know, and I would like to experiment a bit more with Zigs, but for right now, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the distress markers.

For the layout I found inspiration in the Mojo Monday challenge #498. Instead of patterned paper I turned to a pretty embossing strip by Cuttlebug that seemed a nice accompaniment to the watercolored flowers, and delicate enough so it wouldn't detract from the main image. I also used ribbon instead of washi tape for the decorate element on the side of the image in the lower right...I do not actually own any washi tape at all and I think the ribbon might work. I had so much fun mixing and matching the markers on the stamps and it was so simple...color, spritz and stamp.

I am enjoying a neat sentiment stamp set that was a birthday gift from a dear friend and it fits with our theme of friendship and relationships for this week!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Gathered Garden, Scripted (sentiment); Paper: PTI soft stone, blueberry, Strathmore watercolor; Ink: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow; Dies: My Favorite Things stitched circles; Other: Ranger distress ink watercolor markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon

4 comments:

Traci M said...

So very pretty, Peggysue...you've done a lot with Gathered Garden and I just need to try mine out!! I love the watercolored circle and beautiful sentiment! Also, your devotionals have been so thought provoking and on target; I appreciate your heart for the Lord and sharing His word!

Jill S said...

Oh my! This is truly beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much sweet friend.

Unknown said...

Thank you kindly.