Pinterest

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Choose Joy ... New Challenge at Mustard Seed Faith

Good morning! It is time for a new challenge at Mustard Seed Faith and this week's hostess is Nancy, who has selected the theme of Choose Joy for her devotional. The point of her thoughts is that we have a choice, we can take action to choose joy.

That is true, isn't it? We may not be able to control our circumstances, but we can control our response to them. And the response is always or can be guided by the fact that our joy is found in our position as a child of God. There is joy in our salvation, joy in the fact that Jesus Christ paid it all on the cross for our sins. I don't always outwardly express joy, but it is always buried deep in my heart and I can lean on that when circumstances wouldn't warrant happiness. But joy is separate from happiness, because while happiness is circumstantial and fleeting, joy transcends circumstance.

It can for me however, be a challenge to remember that I can choose joy and that I have that assurance of salvation which brings joy. I am thankful for Nancy's devotional as a reminder that I need to make joy my choice.

For our challenge this week we can create anything that brings us joy. I just find great joy in creating or papercrafting so making anything usually provokes happiness or joy. I thought I would go with bright colors, playful images and sequins in a shaker card, to send to someone to bring a bit of joy into their life.

Thanks for looking and please visit our blog so you can play along in our current challenge.
Sstamps: Poppy stamps narwhal set; Ink: PTI snow white, soft stone; Paper: Orange Zest, blue scrap, teal, watercolor; Dies: My Favorite Things square stitched frame, PTI double ended banner; Other: sequins, glitter, prismacolor pencils, acetate, white embossing powder

No comments: