Hello again! Squeaked in one last card before the deadline for entries into Stampafaire 2017. The nice thing is I have lots of cool techniques to try in the weeks ahead when I get a chance. Always amazed at the folks who manage to work their way through all of them. I'm poky.
Anyway, this was one of the last challenges for tin and aluminum. I used tin foil although I can see why a tin crafting sheet would work much better; you need the stiffness. I quadrupled my sheet but had to be careful rubbing on the black ink, and looking at the photo I think it could use a bit more black on mine. You can find the video in youtube or the link on Nicole's blog. But thanks Laurie, I had fun with it!
I framed mine in kraft and sort of thought of the old west, with saloons and abandoned mirrors in ghost towns or the tin ceilings and accessories so common then. I was shooting for that sort of look with my card, which is why I framed it in the Stitched Die. I painted the petals on the die in champagne and gold inks; they're a bit translucent so depending on how the light hits it, only some of the leaves look like they're painted, but they all are.
I also liked the way she gilded the bottom half of her die cut sentiment so I tried that too. Cool technique once again.
Thanks for looking and have fun stamping!