Pinterest

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Some late SAF projects for take ten and Paper challenges

The best laid plans of mice and stampers. I intended to play along with Stamp a Faire but we just got busy. Things we can handle even if eventually though. Prayers going out to Houston and all those still battling with flood waters.

So I did get a chance to play some with a few challenges and I might try one more tonight.

The first is for a take ten warm up challenge. We had ten minutes to look and pick a picture for inspiration, ten minutes to gather our supplies, etc. So not the same as a ten minute card, but broken into ten minute segments!

I selected this inspiration photo although I didn't use all of the colors:


And here is my card. I case'd a technique Melissa Phillips had shared a while back with the cut out heart. I liked her card quite a bit better though!:

Next up was a challenge from Rebecca Luminarias to dye paper in hot water with dye inks mixed in. The paper comes out a delicate sort of pastel color. My next few cards are going to look quite a bit similar because I used the same dies and images I already had out...some very similar colors too.

Here are my dyed die cuts:

And here is the card I made using them. Very similar color scheme to the card above, same basic shapes really. I think it should have had a bit more yellow. Not feeling it really but hey, it is good practice to make something better in the future. Blog post is long enough, think I'll put the next card in a separate post. Thanks for looking!

No comments: