Pinterest

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Rejoicing when weary

Good afternoon! I had another wreath (actually I have about five more) that I made playing with finetec gold palette watercolors. This is the only one I made using silver on white. I do like how this turned out and I am thinking perhaps a more simple layout would highlight it better? But I like the pop of red behind it too...opinions are welcome!

I stamped the wreath in silver ink first, then painted over it and added stickles and pearlescent glue droplets. I cut the dove out of silver glitter paper and then just started layering. The stars come from a very old square die I own made by provocraft. That's about all I can offer on that one.

The sentiment...I know that reading the news lately makes me very weary. The last several months seem filled with disastrous events that leave people homeless, hurting, grieving and the list goes on.... I have events in my own family that burden my heart; I think we all do. That verse in this stamp set really struck me last night when I was assembling this card; I'd never before noticed the juxtaposition within the phrase. The weary world rejoices. How can someone who is weary rejoice? Weary means tired out, worn, exhausted, spent...yet that is the same world that is rejoicing? What can cause that?

Only one thing...deliverance. Imagine all that weariness being swept away, all the problems and situations causing that weariness solved. Jesus can do that. At Christmas, and many of you are making your Christmas cards, we celebrate the fact that the deliverer came to earth. Hope was born in a stable in Bethlehem. That is the effect that hope has on the weary; they can begin to rejoice.
While earthly problems remain, we can find comfort and rest in Him, by reading the Word and studying and following the life of Jesus.  So last night when my heart was heavy I decided to finish up this card. My problems haven't disappeared, the news worldwide continues to be heavy, but I know where to turn to put my burdens down.

Thanks for looking.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Berry Wreath and Christmas Faith sets; Paper: PTI white and white linen, red gingham and soft stone floral, silver glitter paper; Ink: Archival black, silver; Dies: Tag Sale Quilted die, Christmas Faith die, MFT rectangle and stitched circle dies; Other: red paper ribbon, silver stickles, finetec gold palette watercolors, white glitter

5 comments:

TeresaC said...

So pretty, Peggysue!!
:)

Nancy said...

I love this one, Peggysue! The sentiment is fabulous! Thank you! :o)

Patsann said...

Beautiful card Peggysue!

Traci M said...

This is so lovely...your words ring true as well!

Joyce said...

Lovely card and even more lovely thoughts which are so true....tonight I am weary as I have spent all day cardmaking so it's off to bed for me.....but my mind refuses to quieten sometimes.....