Pinterest

Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Card Making day . . . or tag...

This counts, right? I was creating and stamping and I was having fun. Plus, you could mount a tag on a card front, add a sentiment and call it good so if you're REALLY strict in your interpretation of world card making day, just imagine after posting this that I ran off and adhered the tags to a card front.

I have decided distress inks make just the perfect color palettes to complement Autumn. I love walking through the woods and picking up brightly colored leaves and often there is a mixture of colors from a bright pop of red to muted greens. Mix up some distress inks and voila! You've got a leaf! Now I admit that the pumpkins are a bit of a stretch since the real ones I have sitting on my porch are pretty much monotone orange, but I like the mixture of mustard seed, marigold and pumpkin to make the pumpkins more colorful.

The project all started with the black tag since I had one left over after last month's Papertrey customer blog hop. I had started something and then never finished and thought it looked awful and was going to toss the tag when I wondered if I could cover the gold circle on the front with a large enough object to hide most of it. I had stamped one of the circle sentiments from the holiday mini kit onto the tag, but smudged it. Over a week later it was way too late to emboss, the ink had dried. So I put some pumpkins atop the tag and painted around it with finetec gold and a tag was born. Then I decided to make two more tags using kraft and cream to figure out which color scheme I liked best and decided I like all three for different reasons.

Thanks for looking and hope you had time to play with ink and paper on world card making day!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Autumn Scarecrow; Ink: adirondack snow white plus white embossing powder, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress oxide inks in twisted citron and salty ocean (background) pumpkins and leaves in distress ink colors mustard seed, pumpkin, marigold, candied apple for color, outlines in vintage photo; cutting die from Papertrey Ink Make it Market mini kit; Holiday Tag Along; Papertrey button in chartreuse; ribbon in summer sunrise and random bit of orange, twine, finetec gold paint set for circle background and shimmer on leaves

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Autumn Scarecrow, same distress inks
die cut out of kraft instead of black cardstock 
Same as at left, photographed with flash
to show shiny bits



Same as above, different ribbon on each and using cream cardstock for base
And the trio of tags. Which background do you like best? 



3 comments:

Traci M said...

You've been busy...what a fun trio of tags, and I'm sure you'll find a good use for them! They're all pretty...really like the background inks you've used, and all the gold sparkly bits! I spent part of the afternoon laying with the gold and copper metallics you so graciously sent me! Thank you...I don't have anything to publish yet...but enjoying the creative process!

TeresaC said...

Delightful tags!! Wonderful colors on your pumpkins and leaves using your Distress Inks.
These are terrific!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh so pretty! Please tell me there is a Ghiradelli treat glued to the back? And that you are sending it to me? Ha.