Pinterest

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Blog hop for Dawn...A Joyful Heart

Welcome to Saturday and a special, rather impromptu blog hop to celebrate the designs and the heart of Dawn McVey. She has struggled for ages with health issues and just recently traveled to Washington, D.C. for a special operation that we pray will fix the problem once and for all. You can read more about it here.

We thought it might help provide some cheer and show our support to use some of her lovely stamp designs on cards for a special blog hop, just for her.

I have selected Holiday Greens and A Cheerful Heart, two stamp sets she designed, along with a die I think she created, the Basic Bookmark 2 die. I also used the leaf silhouettes die because it is rather new to me and I was having fun playing with different colors and papers. I also twined silver and gold threads to play along with the Make it Monday challenge, I thought they looked rather nice twisted along the spine of the leaf die. I pulled a stamp set from the "vault," Silent Night, for the sentiment and a wee star to accent my first card.

So if you can find time to play along, please do! And Dawn, we love you!!! Praying for your recovery!

Stamp Set: Holiday Greens, Silent Night (Papertrey Ink); Paper: Kraft, vintage white, gold, red, Pure Poppy patterned paper; Inks: PTI Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Americana, Stormy Seas, Chartreuse; Other: glitter, gold thread, ribbon, gold embossing powder, woodgrain embossing plate (PTI), leaf silhouette die
Stamp sets: (PTI) A Cheerful Heart, Background Basics Botanicals; Paper: Aqua Mist; vintage white, white, silver, sparkle white; Inks: Ranger Distress spun sugar, Grape; PTI Lilac; Dies: Leaf silhouette, Bookmark Basic 2; Other: glitter, woodgrain die, leaf silhouette die, purple and silver ribbon, silver twine



13 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Beautiful! I know Dawn will love this!

Cindy O said...

Both of your designs are lovely. The twisted threads work beautifully in the leaves - great idea! The 2nd card is my favorite with the tag sentiment and the soft colorful details. These cards will bring a smile to Dawn, I'm sure!

Sandy Kay said...

Both of these cards are so pretty!

Kelly said...

lovely, lovely cards! the woodgrain just adds that special something to already very pretty creations!

Kathryn A said...

I love both cards. The way you've used the leaves is very creative.

Marybeth said...

Both are so pretty , Peggysue! I love the glitter strip on the second card ( I love any card with glitter) Love those pretty leaves too, I might need them.

Darnell said...

What sensational cards, Peggysue! They reflect Dawn so beautifully! It's a pleasure to meet you!! Hugs, Darnell

Diana K said...

Two very beautiful cards, Jeanne! Some of my very most favourite Dawn stamps are the Christmas ones. You really did her proud.

Nancy Penir said...

Love the intertwined cord on both cards. And your stamp and die set choices are perfect. Beautiful cards!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really beautiful cards. Love the twine through the leaves. Cheers.

Kathy Mc said...

Peggysue, you rocked both challenges and will definitely lift Dawn’s spirits. Love how you twisted the cording through those beautiful leaves!

Lori B said...

Very pretty cards! Love the twine wrapped leaves.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations!!! Wonderfully made!!! :)