Pinterest

Monday, February 19, 2018

Make it Monday -- Framing

Good evening! Today's Make it Monday challenge on Papertrey is by Laurie Schmidlin and the challenge is framing sentiments. I played with a few frames before I remembered this retired (I think) Spellbinders fancy frame, which I thought was a nice accompaniment for the brushed bird. I chose bright colors to be cheery for a friend facing cancer treatments (or perhaps another friend...haven't quite decided on the recipient) and tried to keep it simple. My last card was way too clunky and heavy.

I am enjoying the Brushed Birds set, but I probably should break out of using the exact same bird each time. It is just so much fun though playing with color schemes!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Walk by Faith," "Brushed Birds;" Dies: MFT stitched rectangle and Spellbinders, PTI Gathered Garden; Cardstock: PTI fine linen in white, white yardstick, random green scrap (Chartreuse maybe?); Inks Papertrey Smokey Shadow, Bright Buttercup, Distress inks Mustard Seed and Marigold; PTI chocolate; Other: sequins, ribbon, PTI Summer Sunrise button

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a darling card!

Betty Wright said...

This is so lovely and precious, Peggy Sue! Lovely design!

Helen F. said...

This is just so sweet, Peggy Sue! I LOVE the brushed birds stampset and your pretty lacy frame showcasing the beautiful sentiment!

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful card and the yellow fluffy bird is fun and sweet on your card. I think I need that set!

Traci M said...

Super sweet, Peggysue! I like how you combined the bird with the wonderful scripture! And that frame is beautiful!