Pinterest

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tea pockets

This little tea holder was made courtesy of the idea posted on Betsy Veldman's blog a few months ago using half of the Recipe Wrap Up template designed by Lauren Meader. This actually is one of two free templates folks can try out on the Papertrey Ink web site. 
  I made three of these in the past but didn't take a photo of them, I gave them as gifts to some friends, which is the intended purpose of this tea holder as well. I really have to thank Betsy for this idea, I love it and can picture making more of these close to Christmas time for relatives or teacher gifts. 
  Almost the entire creation is actually a sleeve that slips over the blue insert on the inside, which folds out to reveal six pockets that hold tea bags. So the very interior blue portion is one sheet of cardstock, cut in half the long way, glued together and scored so it folds in upon itself. If you look at the template on the PTI web site you'll have a better idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks for looking. 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Tea for Two

16 comments:

Lee said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Definitely have to add to my to do list.

JazzyH said...

Pretty! Thanks for the idea.

Stephanie said...

What a great little idea! I love tea holders :) I always want to share my favorite tea, but the stinkers at Republic of Tea don't place the bags in wrappers (...unless I'd like to spend a small fortune on tea) - I don't know how the recipient would feel about receiving the unpackaged bags.

peggysue said...

I think it would depend on how well you knew the recipient! :) Or you could wrap the little bags (I like RoTea, so I know what you mean) in a small piece of saran wrap first? Individually.

BethieJ said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I so want to make up one of these too! Such a GREAT gift idea!!! Nice work Peggysue!

Chef Mama Lori said...

This is purty! What a nice idea! And gluten free to boot!

B said...

Cute cute cute! :) Love the way you decorated it and the colors are fun!

Kay said...

Oh, good heavens! i have been trying to avoid buying that set for months now and this isn't helping one bit! Or maybe I should take this as a sign that I should go ahead and buy it??
I love this - and all my tea drinking friends would love it too. So I would be making gifts and saving money, right?

Traci M said...

I am blessed to be the recipient of one of these!! They are so pretty, and I still need to try it, Peggysue!
This one is so fun and fresh, just lovely!!

Joan Ervin said...

I saw this on SCS and just had to come by and tell you how much I LOVE it!!!! The tea pot is adorable and I love the colors and papers you used!!! I will have to make one of these...thanks for the inspiration!!!

IamDerby said...

This is such a great idea! Going to try it for sure.

Ramona said...

Greeeeaaaat Day! That is a beautiful tea card. I am gonna case this one. YipEE!!!

Leah said...

Love this, came out so pretty. I have that template downloaded but have been too intimidated to try it out...maybe I will now:)

The Mama Monkey said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I am going to use this at Christmas! I already bought some mugs for the teacher...now they can get some tea with the mugs! :)

Katy Myhre said...

Very cute!

Mara Campbell said...

I love this!!! Fantastic job!