Pinterest

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A few VSN challenge cards



Despite my best intentions for this past VSN or Virtual Stamp Night last weekend on Splitcoast Stampers, I only managed to make two cards for two challenges. Between planting flowers, fixing up the house, visiting family and rooting on the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup playoffs, stamping time was very limited!

I made one card for the final challenge of the weekend to pull out a stamp set that has languished on the shelf. This set not only has languished on the shelf, I had it in the 'for sale' pile. I think I"ll pull it out again. The best part is that I got to use so many of my bright PTI buttons!

I also made a card for Kelly (schirmcat's) challenge to use versamark. There is a preview of a stamp set being released by Mark's Finest Papers this month, with the most adorable pet images and sentiments--I used the paw prints cutting across the top panel to the main image and it is looking back at the sentiment. Be watching for the team blog hop coming up mid month to see the other sets being released this month.

Thanks for looking, have a great night!

Top card:
Stampin' Up Send a Celebration, PTI set ?, alphabet block background
Ink: versamark, black stazon, black craft
Paper: soft stone, blue, white
Other: PTI buttons, lots of colors, black gingham ribbon, copic markers

Bottom card:
Mark's Finest Papers June release set
Ink: black craft, versamark
Paper: Basic Grey granola, blue, gray
Other: Fiskars edge punch, clear EP, ribbon, brads

7 comments:

Candace said...

Both are adorable cards! I love the colors in the first one. I've never played in VSN before, but I should!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great cards. Love the Dog gone it one!

Cammie said...

Love those paw prints and those yummy buttons. Great cards, Peggysue!

Joanne (jojot) said...

hey, cutie....you got to do two more than I did.....and I too have that set....better dust it off and use it cuz I love what you did

Lori said...

Super cute cards Peggysue!!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. Love the colors on the first one too!

katiesniche said...

Both cards are great, but I really love the line of buttons. They really pop!