Pinterest

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 58 . . . peace



Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. This week's hostess is the talented and devoted Miesje, who selected this verse from John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."

Her challenge is to use a Christian symbol of peace somewhere in your card. There are many! Or a card or project that shows or shares Peace.

Our lovely sponsor this week is Designed 2 Delight and you can read Miesje's devotional thoughts and more about the sponsor on our main blog here.

I selected this image because you can find a peaceful scene or try to create a peaceful spot or comfort zone in your life, but the only place I find true peace is when I drop to my knees in prayer. Prayer isn't dependent upon our surroundings or circumstances nor is it dictated by them. The urgency or tenor of our prayers certainly might change, but every season is appropriate for prayer and as Miesje's selected verse says, Jesus gives us peace in a unique way 'not as the world gives do I give to you.'

Jesus doesn't snatch our peace away from us or turn his back on us when we're facing difficulty, only we do that to ourselves. We destroy our own peace when we sin, when we worry, when we focus on the 'what ifs' instead of getting on our knees and focusing on the creator of the universe, the one who is always in control.

If you are troubled, if you are facing challenges or if you are just facing a normal humdrum day, pray about it! Pray for peace in the midst of trouble, pray for wisdom making choices, pray about the fact that you are more than fortunate to experience humdrum instead of being in a war torn conflict zone or a slum in India--and then pray that He might help you find a way to reach out to others that they might experience the gift of humdrum instead of chaos! That's where you will find peace, when you come to Jesus Christ with whatever your life situation. Thank for looking, have a great day. Hope you can play along this week.

Stamps: digi from Designed 2 Delight
Paper: some of my favorite scraps from SU
Other: edge punch, PTI buttons, ribbon

14 comments:

Grace said...

What a pretty image Peggysue! Love the card and your wonderful words today! Hope you are finding peace in the midst of all that's going on in your life these days!!! Have a blessed week!
Hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

What a beautiful image and card, this is the same one I chose that kept smudging :). wonderful insight on the scripture today. Have a peaceful day :)

Miesje said...

Oh my goodness, your insight into the scripture is wonderful and so well said! I love your card, both sideways and right side up! :-) Hope you have a peace filled week!

Traci M said...

Hi Peggysue! I miss you, but glad to see you here on your blog. Your words are so true, I often remind myself that my humdrumness is so much better than the conflict so many face in war torn countries! Sometimes my greatest peace comes in surrender, coming to the end of myself, the end of my own agenda, timing,and just trusting Him to carry it all.
Your card is so pretty, love that sweet image and her posture too!!
Blessings to you and your family!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a wonderful post Peggysue!! So inspirational and so true. I love reading your insight on the scriptures each week!! Beautiful card!! Love the image and your gorgeous colors, layout and ribbon!!
blessings,
Chris

Lisa Hjulberg said...

First, I have to say that your card is absolutely lovely, and I'm really frustrated that Blogger won't let me upload it correctly into the post! Grrr!!!!

Peace be with you, my friend. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Lisa

Patti J said...

Your card is beautiful Peggysue! I loved that image! Thank you for your wonderful words - with everything that is going on in your life, isn't it wonderful that we can find peace just by asking and praying for it? Have a wonderful week! Good luck with everything!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, what a sweet image!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty card. I always leave your blog encouraged and uplifted. thanks for taking the time to do such encouraging posts.

Nerina said...

Beautiful words - made all the more meaningful because they're coming from someone who is frenetically busy right now!! Wow Peggysue - that truly inspires me. Your card is wonderful - but I love what was in your heart! {{HUGS}}

The Mama Monkey said...

Hey PS! It is so great to be back and see your wonderful creations! I LOVE that happy one you created for PTI! The colors are so bright!!

Glad someone had fun while I was unpacking boxes! ;)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - this is fabulous! I love that image and the way you have coloured it so serenely! What fabulous words you have shared - it is so true, there is peace when we pray - thank you for the remonder! {{{hugs}}}

Terri said...

Very nice. Definitely a peaceful image. Hope things are going better for you!

Linda Rodenberg said...

What a very pretty card Miss PS...I, too, love Angels...such pretty, soft colors too.
Hugs...Linda R