Pinterest

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mark's Finest Papers October Release! ... Thankful for You



Hi! I'm not participating in today's hop, but wanted to show what I made with this set being release this week by Mark's Finest Papers. This is among my favorites from this month. I just think its a highly versatile set and there is a lot you can do with it to make pretty seasonal cards. Thanks for looking!

I chose a cream colored cardstock for my main image and using the wheat stalks, I stamped them along the right side of the paper with Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink. I stamped the sentiment and the corn stalks with gold craft ink and embossed it with fine detail gold embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment in black so it would show up above the wheat stalks. Then I took a variety of autumn colors from the Ranger distress inks and using a sponge, lightly applied them to various parts of the main panel.

If you're searching for the MFP blog hop, here is the first link in that hop for today:

Nancyruth

And here is a link to the store where you can get the stamp sets and alllll sorts of wonderful accessories to help make these projects!

Mark's Finest Papers

14 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love the embossing.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What gorgeous embossing!! This card is just beautiful!!

sammi said...

Gorgeous fall card!

Patti J said...

What a peaceful and beautiful card - very calm and serene feeling!!! Thanks for sharing :)

dawnmercedes said...

woweee!

ButterflyEars said...

Peggysue, your beautiful card is STUNNING to look at. WOW!!

Pat said...

This card just blows me away! What a wonderful job!
Hugs, Pat Smith

Scrappy Jackie said...

Beautiful color choices! I love seeing everyones different styles and ideas on how to portray the stamp!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, this is SO gorgeous!! Reminds me of something you'd find in a Hallmark store--In a good way, of course :)

Valerie said...

Very pretty!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the way you stamped the wheat ..off the paper. Really great!

Jinny said...

Lovely!

Traci M said...

Hi Peggysue! Not sure where you are finding the time for your card making, but hope it is keeping you sane! These are a treat for the eye, so cute (the first) and I like your wheat side embossing and addition of trims in blues and golds on the second! Hugs, friend...

Karen Lynn said...

Wow, this card is just da-bomb! Great job!