Pinterest

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge 91...to a "T"


Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Our hostess this week is the talented Kristine Breach, who developed this sketch for us to follow this week. She selected this verse from Ecclesiastes 3:14 "I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him." Her challenge is for you to follow the sketch to a "T" - not adding anything to it, or taking anything away from it.

You can read her thoughts here on the home page and see the creations by the rest of the design team. You don't want to miss them, we get a preview in the gallery we set up off site to prepare for the week's post and they are gorgeous! Our sponsor is Sweet n' Sassy stamps, details on the home page for the prize you could win this week for participating.

I have to apologize to all my blogging buddies, we have had two college graduations, my youngest is ending third grade and my oldest is getting married next Saturday, so I have not been visiting other's blogs, there is just not enough time in the day and most of these things require long driving trips out of state, so then you're pretty much out of commission in terms of computer time! I am probably going to be absent yet for a while as I leave on Tuesday for the wedding and the week after we return we have company coming back up to our home to visit for a week's time. I really look forward to getting back to the blogging world to see all of your beautiful things, I gather so much inspiration from my talented friends!

I find a lot of comfort in the verse Kris selected and look forward to reading her thoughts.

For my card this week I am giving a peek of a new set that will be released in June from Mark's Finest Papers. I was in a poppy mood and have been playing with that set more than I can tell you. I have had a great need for sympathy cards lately which always make me sad to create. This one wasn't so bad, it is for a friend whose 96 year old grandmother passed away, and while her family will miss her, I know when my husband's grandmother passed away at that age, she was so ready to go home! So I don't think the reds and the ribbon are too much in this instance.



One thing I did was use the smallest poppy in the set to stamp tone on tone on the red layer, I have a bit of a closeup here, but I"m not sure you can see it. I like the effect it created.

Thanks for looking, have a great holiday weekend and wishing you all a good week!

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Poppies, Poppies, Poppies (June release sneak peek), Flourishes and Frame, sentiment stamp and retired SU floral background stamp
Ink: Ranger distress ink vintage photo and antique linen, black, white craft, versamark
Papers: MFP red, cream, deep brown, kraft, random DP
Other: brown satin ribbon, gingham in red and black, wire swirly thing, MS edge punch, white EP, prismacolor pencils, nestabilities, edging scissors (fiskars)

12 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Peggysue! Your card is just incredible and I love the sentiment! So hard to come up with good sympathy cards and this is perfect!!! Will be thinking of you in the weeks ahead with the wedding and travel and company.... I know just where you are right now... been there and I know it can drain you! I pray God gives you strength and that you can enjoy these special times with family and friends!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

This is gorgeous PeggySue, I love this new set that is coming out by ODB and you really did a beautiful job show casing this.
Take time to breath and enjoy.
love ya
hugs :)

Kristine said...

Oh I CAN see the li'l red poppy on the red layer--awesome! Your whole card is so GORGEOUS peggysue! I love this poppy set, I can see why you have been playing with it a lot *Ü* The sentiment is perfect for a note of comfort/sympathy. Love your distressing too! Hope you are not too stressed about getting things done before you go! You have a lovely time with family this next week and hope you'll share some pics when you return! Hugs *Ü*

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful card, Ps. I hate making sympathy cards, too, and am never in the mood to make them when I need them. So I should just make them ahead of time.

I know you're in a whirl, but it's all good stuff, so enjoy every moment. We'll still be here when you get back. :)

Hugs!
Lisa

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the reds and those poppies with one outside the circle. Just beautiful. What a lovely sentiment too. Do not worry about visiting my blog. Family comes first. When the time is right, you'll get back to chatting with us. Have a wonderful wedding event and share a picture or two.

Traci M said...

That is a lot going on...and I don't envy you all the driving! Will miss ya, but have safe trips, and glad you are finally having the company you've been hoping for!
Beautiful card...very lovely, and prismas did the trick with those poppies!

Miesje said...

In your wildly busy life you made the most amazing card! I absolutely love it. Those poppies are wonderful! Take card of yourself dear friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! You sure are busy my friend! How exciting though!! Enjoy!!

Your card is beautiful. I love the poppies and your colors. Awesome take on the sketch!
hugs,
Chris

Joanne (jojot) said...

those popping red poppies look fabulous.....

Stampin Lucy said...

oh how beautiful is this!! You did a stunning job with the flowers and everything about this. Beautifully put together.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, this is such a beautful card Peggysue!! Such amazing colors and your attention to detail....so fabulous!! Sorry, I am late commenting, but my girls are on break and we have been running non stop!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Peggysue - You are probably at our DDs wedding right now and I know you will be having a wonderful time - we look forward to seeing some photos (hopefully)! What a divine card - I love everything from the image to the warm rich colours BUT that sentiment - DIVINE! I saw it at a Craft Show once and have never been able to see who makes it - I will have to follow this up as it is perfect for Sympathy cards - thank you Peggysue for such wonderful inspiration, you are a blessing! {{{hugs}}}