Pinterest

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ . . . He Ran




Happy Sunday stampers! It is time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ, where all of our challenges are based on scripture. Our sponsor this week is Pizzazz Aplenty, offering a $10 surprise package to one randomly selected, lucky winner. I am the hostess this week and my chosen scripture is from Luke 15:20 "So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."

My challenge is to make a card with motion, or an interactive card; spinner, viewmaster, pop up, slider, gel, etc. I chose this tutorial on SCS to make a side spring card, you'll find many helpful tutorials on that site. I have a close up of one of the bees I cut out of the patterned paper I used, I took a spring from a pen that had run out of ink and cut it into small sections to add some extra 'spring' to my card.

My thoughts on the verse are as follows:

We ordered from our favorite Chinese restaurant last week and of course, everyone loves to read the fortune cookies at the end of the meal. One of them read, “He who hurries can not walk with dignity.”

If there had been fortune cookies in Jesus’ time and this had been tucked inside, everyone would have nodded their head in agreement when it was read aloud. Men in that time, especially men of importance and stature, would not run. It was considered unseemly, undignified.

Yet in Luke chapter 15, the parable of the prodigal son tells the story of a father who acted in a distinctively countercultural manner, prompted by love. When the son finally decided to return home after squandering his inheritance in riotous living, his father ran to embrace him. This son had treated his father with utter contempt. Simply asking for his inheritance was the equivalent of saying he wished his father were dead. Yet when his sin was spent and he finally decided to turn away from it, his father met him more than halfway; and he ran.

We all identify with either the prodigal or the elder brother when we read this story but the one character who remains constant is the father, who extends love to the prodigal and the elder brother both. And he would run to meet either brother, just as He ran or would run to meet you if you choose to turn towards Him.

I had occasion to share my testimony at church a few weeks ago and that was one thing I told the congregation from my personal experience. When you set out to find God, He will meet you more than halfway. His love knows no bounds for you. Yet who is the very essence of majesty, holiness and dignity? If you haven’t already, turn towards God and ask His forgiveness. Then feel His love wash over you.

Thanks for looking and we hope to see your creations in the gallery this week!

Stamps: Flourishes
Other: spellbinders, prismacolor pencils, glitter, springs

6 comments:

Miesje said...

I really loved your devotion - so insightful and so appropriate! Thanks for once again challenging me both in verse and card making! Absolutely LOVE the spring - I have never seen it before and absolutely love it! Have a great week Ps.

Kristine said...

Peggysue... I LOVED your devo today - such a great story and I gotta say what a FUN challenge you created from it!! I loved seeing what different projects everyone made. I'm so sorry I didn't know yours was a tutorial on SCS (gonna go add that to ssic right now-unless you already did). Even neater than I thought! I just assumed it was the boingy bees *Ü* LOVE IT! Have a great week!!

Traci M said...

Boing! This card shows such a sense of humor and fun...I love it!! I think that paper is perfect for your card, too! Your devotional is wonderful...I like the picture of running, and the truth that our Father is always eager to run to us as well.

Diane Noble said...

PeggySue...this is "stinkin' cute" and that's really good! LOL I love your springy little bee. How fun to receive. I saw the side spring card on SCS when I was hunting for inspiration, and your card is a perfect match for that style. So cute.

Lovely Linda said...

Thank you Peggysue for being such a beautiful vessel for the Lord to dwell in - your devotional is heartwarmimg and very timely - thankn you for sharing! Love your card too - it is adorable! {{{hugs}}}

Helen said...

I love this card with the bees popping up! It's wonderful!!!
~H