Pinterest

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Christmas sweater or Halloween? Can't decide...

Hello! The fans of Papertrey Ink can join along and stamp a card inspired by the reveals for this month, to date. My inspiration came from a different source, the sweater that Diana posted in a thread where we were all guessing the theme for the Mini Market kit to be released later this month.

So this combines the sweater, Ursula and the Make it Monday challenge from last week (I'm late, but it was a great layout to copy). Here is the sweater she posted....



And here is my card.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Tiny Treats: Halloween, Paper: Neenah solar white, PTI black, PTI black gingham check, watercolor paper; Ink: Archival black, Ranger distress oxides in Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Iced Spruce: Other: Silver stickles, sequins

I made a background using distress oxide inks, but the problem was, how to add that glittery dimension in the sweater photo? First I tried inking up a background stamp and embossing in silver, but that didn't work. Then I mixed a bit of pearl colored Perfect Pearls with some water and then flicked it on with a paintbrush. That gives me spots of shimmer placed randomly on the cardstock and also activates the oxide effect of the inks.



I stamped the cauldron on the cardstock chips and then stamped another on plain white cardstock to color, then fussy cut and lay on top of the stamped image on the watercolor paper. Then I used silver Stickles to fill in the miniature stars. There also is a star image in the Halloween set I used that is like a blown up version of the mini stars in the cauldron. I stamped that on the watercolor background also and cut it out, then added a few sequins and paper strips to finish out the card. I also tried to balance the elements in the card by adding a very thin strip of the distress oxide colored paper to the bottom, so you have bottom, middle for the cauldrons and upper right with the star.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

6 comments:

Jill S said...

This is great! Love how you developed your card. Ursula for the win!

Kathy Mc said...

Peggysue, this is perfect! I'll bet Diana will love it. Fun to experiment sometimes to see what happens. I haven't purchased any Oxide inks yet. Do you love them? Please say No (jk).

Jen Carter said...

You did a great job using that inspiration photo! Love how you background pieces turned out!

Diana K said...

LOL, Peggysue, you are the limit! Love your fun Halloween card. You knocked that weird sweater inspiration out of the park! 😊😍😘

Luvpurple said...

Perfection! Now, Ursula needs to buy that sweater! Now!

Carmela said...

Love your colors and such a cute card!