Pinterest

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Strrrrriiiipppesss!!!

The last PTI anniversary challenge that I'll be able to submit to is the challenge to use stripes somewhere on your project. I am not happy with this card but have to quit fussing. Any suggestions for improvement are welcome. Not balanced? Colors not right? Ugh, don't you hate it when you fuss and fuss and it still doesn't come out the way you want it?

Anyway, see the stripes on the bottom? There you have the challenge element. That's about the only part of the card that I like. :) And maybe the colors on the bird.

I was TRYing to add texture when I ran the sentiment plate through with an embossing plate. I was TRYing to balance things when I put the musical notes on the upper left and added the last leaf cutout. I was TRYing to add a bit of interest to the diecuts by touching them up a bit with markers. Maybe I was trying too hard?

Thanks for looking and happy stamping!
PTI stamps, Year of Psalms and Brushed Birds, Dies: spellbinders and PTI Gathered Garden; Inks: Distress tumbled glass, twisted citron and mermaid lagoon. PTI fine linen paper, a scrap of aqua and random greens, pink striped paper, glitter on scar tape and sequins. 

No comments: