Pinterest

Monday, June 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink June 2018 blog hop

Talk about rusty...this blog is creaky from disuse. I seem to have migrated over to Instagram but cannot figure out how to post a link that way, so here I go back to blogger for the June 2018 Papertrey Ink customer blog hop.



What I took from the inspiration photo was first, the summery feeling and so I created a summer scene with my card, using the stamps mainly in the background so the impression is very color forward.  I loved the rainbow of colors in the inspiration photo that softly move from one shade to the next. I tried to move between colors in the background of the circle cut out portion of the shaker and then into the butterfly, from pink to orange, green, turquoise, blue and then purple, with Gathered Garden stamped in black as silhouettes to again, help the colors pop.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms mini set, Grand Ampersand, Gathered Garden. Distress Inks, PTI ink Smokey Shadow, black; card stock in PTI white linen, weathervane and black; Lucy's Sprinkles sequin mix; MFT rectangle die, circle die, PTI Grand Ampersand die

There was a lot of busy activity in the background of the inspiration photo also, from the blueberries and other fruits.  That is what prompted me to think shaker card and pulling the color scheme forward again, I used a rainbow sprinkle set from Lucy's, adding some purple beads to complete the rainbow.


I am normally not a butterfly gal but I loved the mini set from Papertrey, A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms mini set and cannot seem to stop using it.

Somehow I had missed the Grand Ampersand stamps and dies but I recently purchased that set and can see getting quite a bit of use from it for so many occasions. For this card I cut out the ampersand in weathervane and then again in black to help it pop a bit more and also to tie in to the gathered garden silhouettes within the shaker portion of the card.

Thanks for looking and have fun hopping!




13 comments:

Sandy S. said...

Lovely! I AM a butterfly girl, and I had so many in my stash that I initially passed on this one, but I now have it. (Haven't used it yet.) I want the big one, too, but the die is backordered, so I'm waiting.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card and lovely, lovely blending on both the background and the butterfly Rosemary! :0)

Suzanne Russell said...

Just gorgeous-I love shaker cards!

Vikki H said...

Three things stand out on your card: the colors- wow! the ink blending is terrific; the darling butterfly ( I ordered the large set. I didn't realize there is a die for the smaller set.); and the two-toned ampersand. Good job! Sometime I'm going to make my first shaker.

lainey said...

What a stunning background for your shaker card. The butterfly is the perfect addition.

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Peggysue! Love the shaker element!

Rosemary said...

wonderful take on the inspiration... love your shaker element!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your shaker element! Very pretty card!

Helen F. said...

Your shaker card is simply beautiful, Peggysue and that butterfly is moving up to the top of my Wish List!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful shaker card and such a pretty background !

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful layers~your shaker card is gorgeous!

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful shaker! I can't figure out how to enter a card using IG either, but I really prefer blogging anyway.