Pinterest

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge 51 . . . a timely word


Happy Sunday stampers! Its time for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. This week's hostess is the talented Lisa Hjulberg who selected this verse: Philippians 3:13-14 "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Her challenge is to make a card of apology or one reaching out to someone and encouraging them to put the past behind them and move forward.

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp which carries a huge selection of items in their store, including the MFT line, or My Favorite Things. I saw this stamp at CHA last week and with Lisa's challenge in mind, thought it would be a good one to add to my collection.

Please check the home page of our blog to see the rest of the design team's creations and to read Lisa's thoughts on her chosen verse.

A word, fitly spoken is like apples of gold in frames of silver . . . from Proverbs. That's what this challenge made me think about . . . that word sorry is such a powerful one. How often do we need to use it but we're embarrassed or proud or feel the timeframe for saying it has passed? Yet that pair of words, I'm sorry, fitly spoken can provide an immense amount of healing or restoration.

More than likely there is no statute of limitations on that word 'sorry.' But the rest of the verse Lisa selected is so important to remember, particularly for me, personally. That once the apology is spoken, when repentance is in full swing, that we need to let the past go and move forward with our tasks, to keep marching on our walk. I find it harder to forgive myself than others. That only makes me a doormat for satan. How he enjoys making us relive over and over in our minds those times we've failed!

Just as we need to exhibit forgiveness and kindness towards those who have wronged us, so we need to extend the same to ourselves when we've fallen and repented.

Hope you find the time to play along with us this week, we look forward to seeing your creations.

Stamps: My Favorite Things
Ink: black memento
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi, lavendar, ocean tides, moss green, white
Other: prismas and gamsol, ribbon

14 comments:

Aimes said...

What a sweet card! Love the way you've sponged ink through your nestie frame - very effective!
I always say sorry way too much, sometimes for things that are totally unavoidable! Maybe I'm just way too polite LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Miesje said...

Oh I love that stamp too! These really are cute little girls! I always look forward to reading everyone's blog on Sundays! I am never disapointed! Have a great week.

Becky said...

I love this image, she is so adorable and the card is so sweet.
Have a great week. :)

Grace said...

Oh Peggysue you really found the perfect image for this challenge... she's so sweet and I love your layout too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on today's verse... I think we were on the same wavelength today... picking up the baggage after it's been left at the cross and letting it keep us from pressing forward.... I really appreciated your words today!

Have a wonderfully blessed week!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Anika said...

Cute card. Love those BG patterned papers!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet image and your layout and colors are perfect!! Your sponging is so creative and beautiful!! Great words on the verse too!! So insightful and encouraging! Have a blessed week!
hugs,
Chris

Joanne (jojot) said...

This is so TOTALLY precious...love the layered border on the left and the dark dp behind the image...fab

Leah said...

What a sweet card, love your coloring and the punched borders:)

Heather P. said...

This is soooooooo SWEET!

Karen Lynn said...

That really is the perfect image for the card. Way to go!

Sharron said...

What a sweet adorable card! Love the image and great mix of patterned papers.

Terri said...

Super cute. Love that image of the little girl. I am a big believer of moving forward.

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Peggysue - I love that scripture in Proverbs and how perfectly paired with the scripture from Lisa! Your words are so true and certainlt something to take to heart! Love your image Peggysue - it is adorable!! Thank you for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Nerina said...

What a darling image to use for an apology! I love the DP pattern mix here - and the elegant punched edges! Great thoughts too! Hugs!