Pinterest

Friday, October 23, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is breast cancer awareness month and I when I saw the limited supply challenge on splitcoast to make a girly card, I thought of these stamps right away because I need to send a card to my SIL. She beat breast cancer ten years ago but this year has been struggling with a new form of cancer and just completed a round of chemo treatments.

I used the sketch from Midnight Madness challenge 24, you'll find details here. I made the card mostly in shades of pink, with just a touch of green (for the leaves on the roses on the robe).

This robe and bunny slippers just look so comfortable, don't they? Its a shame you can't tell from the photo, I used a variety of twinkling H20s to paint the robe so it looks as though it is made of satin. I have a wonderful pair of satin pajamas that is lined on the inside with flannel for warmth and this stamp always makes me think of those cozy pjs.

And can you see the roses by my window? The roses outside are almost gone now with winter on its way, so my DH brought me a mini bouquet of roses for the inside. I had to get those in the picture! Thanks for looking.

Stamps: Impression Obsession robe and bunny slippers, Technique Tuesday breast cancer set (ribbon), Stampin' Up Belle Toile (BG), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (roses on kiwi kiss paper)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Neenah solar white, shimmery white paper
Ink: Black stazon, gold EP, white craft, variety of reinkers
Others: Martha Stewart edge punch, oval nestabilities, cuttlebug vintage die, gold EP, rhinestones, paper piercing tool, twinkling H20s

14 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Peggysue! I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. I hope she is doing ok with her treatments. I had my mammogram last week in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My Mom had breast cancer when I was in high school. She's fine and had no issues since her double mastectomy. Your card is beautiful and I bet it does look like silk with the H2O paints. Well done on the sketch! Thank you for joining us again this week!

Sue
MMDT

Lovely Linda said...

Hello PeggySue - I am sure your SIL will love this card, I am sorry to hear that she has to undergo more treatments!! Your card is adorable - I love that set of stamps and you have used it so beautifully! Your roses are gorgeous - ours are just coming into bloom - I surprised my DH with some roses, to 'surprise' me with the other day LOL! They are divine! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you again next week!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Peggysue!! I love all the pink. I am so sorry about you SIL. I hope all is going well with her. I will keep her and your family in prayer.

Gorgeous images and take on the sketch!! I just love it!!

blessings,
Chris

IamDerby said...

what a lovely card. Hoping you sil beats the cancer once again.

Carol Hurlock said...

Peggysue, I love this wonderful card you created for your SIL. It would be so wonderful if there was a cure found for cancer, as so many people are faced with this diagnosis daily. I hope your SIL will respond well to her treatments. She will love this beautiful card. I adore those slippers...so sweet!!! Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC, we appreciate YOU very much!

Carol
MMSC-DT

Karen Lynn said...

PS, what a wonderful card for your SIL! I could use a nice warm robe today!

Vikki Jo said...

Very pretty! I keep thinking "dorks in jammies"
Love it!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

So sorry to hear about your SIL, Peggysue. Hope she will stay positive in recovering. I think she'll really enjoy your pretty card! The slippers and the robe are so welcoming to make her feel comfy :) Thanks for taking some time to play with us this week! xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Your SIL will love this! She will take great comfort from this during this difficult time! Hope the treatments do their magic! Your card is fantastic!

Denise @ kc242 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL.
I know that she will just love this card as much as we all do! Great take on the sketch challenge. Lovely details and coloring.
Thanks so much for joining us in the sketch challenge this week.
Denise
Midnight Madness Design Team

B said...

Sorry to hear about your SIL! My thoughts are with her! The card is so pretty though! Lovely take on the sketch!

Priscilla said...

Hey, thanks for entering..hope your weekend is going well and I am so sorry to hear abour yout SIL. Your card is SUPER CUTE!!!!LOVE those COLORS:) What a great card and wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

PeggySue I just love this card...the robe and the slippers are so pretty and absolutely perfect for your SIL. I hope she stays strong and battles this cancer and that all her treatments are successful. Cancer is such a terrible disease and I just lost a loved one to it last week. It tears at your heart strings! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Extra big hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Stephanie said...

Your card will be so appreciated by your SIL - sending prayers for her.

lovely take on the sketch - love the borders :)