Pinterest

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pantones Under the Sea

Always enjoy a good challenge and I found the one at Papertrey Ink intriguing for Make it Monday. I hadn't heard of the Pantone chip inspiration. You're supposed to take a single color chip and match the stamp color or decorative accents to that chip. I am fond of the color blue and fond of this whale stamp so I paired them up. I watercolored some cardstock and deliberately chose a spotty part for the whale because the whales I've been privileged to see on rare occasions have plenty of mottled color. Needed a few sequins, in my mind, for the sun reflecting off the water.

Thanks for looking. In case you come directly to this post and not the home page, I made another pantone chip inspired card using the peonies anniversary set with a pink chip, because...pink!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Keep Swimming, Dies: PTI Keep Swimming; Paper: Neenah solar white, scrap of blue, watercolor; Inks: Ranger distress Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, archival black; Other: sequins, wink of stella



I did find a few other challenges where this will fit, new blogs to me and some intriguing challenges and fine design team examples.

This would qualify for the following:

Deep Ocean Challenge #157: Die Cuts, Chipboards and/or Punches ... the whale is diecut
Crafty Critter Crazies...Just use a critter...my whale
Monochrome Magic ...Anything goes as long as it is monochrome
CAS on Friday ... Animals

12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO cute...love it!! :0)

Lisa J said...

Such a lovely CAS card. Thanks for playing along with me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

lainey said...

Cute card. I like how the whale is hanging outside the chip.

Nancy said...

Really great card, Peggysue! I love it! :o)

victoria h said...

Fabulous card- love the watercoloured whale

Susan said...

Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

Birgit said...

this is fabulous! Love that mottled colored whale!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. ...and really like the way you used the "spout" for the whale!

Nancy Penir said...

This is a great example of Pantone art. And fabulous work on the whale too! Beautiful card!

adele holcomb said...

This one makes me smile -- I keep thinking the whale is trying to fit into the little square. :-) Seriously, your mottled whale turned out great. Nice take on the challenge!

lexi said...

i'm so in love with this!! love the blue, love the spotty watercoloring, and sequins are always a good idea! thanks for playing make it monday!

Mariken said...

Love your animal-card, so cute! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Friday!!