Saturday, June 27, 2015

#52in52 Getting creative again

Been a few weeks since I posted, but I am continuing with one change per week. Last week I gave up diet soda, soda in general actually. I am CRAVING a diet Pepsi right now, but I have to wait until...May of 2016. :)

I've been slowly pulling out my stamps and ink to get crafty again. I'm pretty slow, but I always enjoy it. This all use Ranger Distress inks to make a watercolor background. You can tell I'm still rusty because I've been out of practice, but I did have fun. The cake stamp...not sure. The scripture card uses Papertrey Ink A Cheerful Heart. Thanks for looking.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#52in52 ... avoiding foods ending in "ito"

I have to thank my colleague at work for this one; she suggested for my next challenge I should avoid all foods ending in "ito" or the sound that it makes. Let me explain:
Foods like Frito, Dorito, Taquito, Tostito and Cheeto are not REAL foods...they're basically unhealthy snacks. I suppose you could fit "burrito" in this category as well, but since we have them so rarely I don't think their exclusion will cause much grief for the next 49 weeks.
Drinking water is going well. Avoiding food after 9:00 has crept up earlier and is usually 8:30 or 8:00, which was really my original plan. But if I set the bar too tightly at the beginning, I thought I might fail.
That's this week! No more foods ending in "-ito."

Thursday, May 14, 2015

#52in52 Water

A little late with this week's post, but this week's goal is water. I'm not ready yet to give up my diet soda, but I do need to start drinking more water, so my goal from now on for the rest of the year is to keep a large glass of water on my desk at work each morning and afternoon. And drink it. :)

Last week's goal is going well. I find I'm more hungry at breakfast, but the things I was eating in the evening were wasted calories on junk food, generally. I haven't missed them.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

52 in 52 .... Week One Challenge

I haven't been blogging in a long time; over a year. Lots of changes in our lives and a full time job have kept me from this space I used to love. I want to return.

Today I turn 52 years old. I had an idea that for the next 52 weeks, I am going to institute one change in my life that will be better for my health, whether that is emotional, spiritual or physical. And once I implement that change, whichever week that might be, I am going to try to stick with it for the remainder of the 52 weeks until my next birthday rolls around. Sort of my own personal 52 week challenge. And it doesn't matter if anyone else reads this, I need a place to keep myself accountable, so this is going to be it.

For the first week, which starts tomorrow (since today was a lovely day of celebration thanks to family, friends and my wonderful husband), the kitchen closes for me at 9:00 at night except for water, hot tea or medicine if ill. It can always be pushed to an earlier time in a later week, but for now, we'll start with 9:00.

My daughter challenged me to give up soda. Mmmmmmmmmm...what would life be like without Diet Pepsi? I will consider that for a later week....perhaps week 51! :) But for week more snacking or food after 9:00 at night.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

CAS Mojo Monday

Its been a bit cold, a bit icy and a long time since I stamped but the door is creaking open and I think it would be fun to get inky again. This is for the Mojo Monday challenge on the Papertrey Ink blog. I pulled out a sunflower because flowers and green things always seem far away in the Midwest in mid-January. Sunflowers always make me smile.

I stamped it in charcoal gray on white, did a bit of shading with gray prismacolor pencils on the vase and to create a shadow so the vase wouldn't 'float' on the page, then colored in just one of the sunflowers and fussy cut it out to have it pop. Can't see the shading on the flower very well, this is a poor photo, but the best I'm going to get using my phone late at night.

Embossed the white layer for a bit of texture, added a ribbon and there you have it!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

CAS Sunflowers

Two for two! Two cards in two days, I don't think I've made two cards the past two months. Keeping it cleaner and more CAS works better for my schedule I think!
I like this sunflower set, pretty much anything with sunflowers. Used a very simple layout.
Stamped with SU Barely Banana on PTI Lemon Tart cardstock and then went over some of the petals for highlighting with a Y38 copic marker. The sunflower centers are Ranger Vintage Photo stamped on kraft cardstock, leaves are SU Kiwi Kiss on a random scrap of green. Sentiment is from a set by MFP. Thanks for looking!
Challenge: CFC106
Papertrey Ink: Simple Sunflower

Friday, June 21, 2013

CAS anniversary

Needed a quick anniversary card and with the rate I'm stamping at lately (infrequent) quick is best!
Received this adorable set as a present from Crafty Mathchick and just now getting a chance to pull it out. Thank you Meredith! Love the little robots.
I thought the circular pattern on the embossing strip matched his eyes and the little strip of ricrac ribbon matches the color in the basket holding the hearts, in case that isn't clear in the photo. Used a combination of prismacolor pencils, markers and a gel pen to color in the image. Popped it up on foam dots to add a bit of interest.
The hearts are to symbolized anniversary, a marriage between two people and the rhinestone is there to hid a defect in the pink cardstock! Gotta love mistakes, they are nothing but embellishment opportunities.
Found CASual Fridays challenge blog so I offset the hearts to hang off the side of the page a bit to fit their challenge this week, I like the effect. (CFC106) Hearts were cut using PTI heart dies. Thanks for looking!
There She Goes: LoveBots stamp set